induction kit??

Car
celica gt4 st205
Hi I have a 1.5 2008 suzuki swift and I'm looking to get an induction kit for it, unfortunately there is only one specially made for my car and so I may have to get a universal one and makes my own tubing and brackets.
The filter I am looking at is a blitz advanced power, has anybody used this or know what its like?
I am also thinking to stop heat soak wrap the tubes in aluminium heat shield and make quite a few cold air feed tubes, will this help?
The main problem is I have a telematics box for my insurance, could this pick up on the increased airflow?
Thanks

Greetings and welcome to TorqueCars buddy.

Yes the addition of a wrap around the induction pipe will help with the heatsoak, along with an additional heatshield to keep the filter away from the engine heat. I assume you are doing this for the induction noise as any power gains will be negligible on a car your size. To answer your other question, no the telematics will not pick up the change in increased air flow, but it will pick up your change in driving style because you had the induction kit fitted, so keep this in mind when you press the throttle from now on. Also, if you choose to make your own induction kit instead of one designed for your car specifically then be aware that the ECU may not like the different volume of air that it now see's and bring up the check engine fault light.

Thanks a lot t9 man that's very helpful
Ye, apparently these ones make a brilliant sound so will be nice ;)
Ok so I will just have to stay calm and not let the new noise get to my head
With the check engine light could I bring it down to my local Suzuki garage to get them to plug it into the computer diagnostics and tell the ecu its ok and take the light off?

Davalav Yes its a pain in the arse but it took about £200 off my insuance and it gives me an incentive to drive gently so I also save money on fuel and tyres

With the check engine light could I bring it down to my local Suzuki garage to get them to plug it into the computer diagnostics and tell the ecu its ok and take the light off?

Not that simple buddy, ideally if you are going to keep your induction kit and the check engine light does come on, then the only way to get rid of the air flow issue permanently is to get the car remapped.
The mapper can specifically change the parameters of the ECU so that it no longer registers this as a fault. Alternatively, if the check engine light only comes on now and again, then buy an OBD2 diagnostic tool from Argos, RAC, Eurocarparts, Ebay etc. You simply plug in the device, read the fault, then press erase or clear depending on the machines wording used and then the fault is reset until the next time. This will be far cheaper than a visit to your Suzuki garage who can charge anything up to an hours labour. Take into account that you might be able to pick up the diagnostic tool for as little as £20 via Ebay.

Daaammmm
Hhmmm I'm a bit nervous on remaps, how much would they cost?
So basically if the engine check light is on permanently its a remap or get rid of the new filter but if it only comes on, on occasions I could get my own diagnostics and get rid of the fault
Would it doany harm to just ignore the light?

Daaammmm
Hhmmm I'm a bit nervous on remaps, how much would they cost?
So basically if the engine check light is on permanently its a remap or get rid of the new filter but if it only comes on, on occasions I could get my own diagnostics and get rid of the fault
Would it doany harm to just ignore the light?

Remaps vary wildly in price from about £70 up to around the £500 mark. I think your slightly misunderstanding what I am saying here buddy. Once the check engine light comes on - it will stay on until such time as you either reset it via a garages Tech II diagnostic computer or a DIY OBD2 diagnostic tool. If the fault remains then the light at some point will come back on once the fault has been detected.
No it won't do any harm to ignore the light, but what it will do is to mask a new fault on the car should that happen, as your light is already on then you will have no idea what else has gone wrong and why!

Dam ECU's ;)
Hhmm that is a lot of money
So could I just buy my own and then every now and then maybe each week or month I could just plug it in and check there is no other faults than just the air flow?