induction kit

Hi and welcome to the site.

Is it worth it? That is a very subjective question. It is all down to your definition of 'worth it' :)

If you are looking for improved performance, you will be disappointed unless you fit a properly designed intake system for your particular car. Even then, however, any improvement will be marginal.

If you are after a raspier noise and the impression of improved performance, then most systems will give you that.

Please bear in mind that this is coming from an old wrinkly that has been there, done that and worn out the T-shirts :)

Fitting an aftermarket induction system should be one of the first mods everyone should do. So, do a little research, see what other people have done to your model and go from there.

As to your original question , is it worth it? IMO, no. However, as an introduction to car modding, absolutely go for it.

Hi and welcome to the site.

Is it worth it? That is a very subjective question. It is all down to your definition of 'worth it' :)

If you are looking for improved performance, you will be disappointed unless you fit a properly designed intake system for your particular car. Even then, however, any improvement will be marginal.

If you are after a raspier noise and the impression of improved performance, then most systems will give you that.

Please bear in mind that this is coming from an old wrinkly that has been there, done that and worn out the T-shirts :)

Fitting an aftermarket induction system should be one of the first mods everyone should do. So, do a little research, see what other people have done to your model and go from there.

As to your original question , is it worth it? IMO, no. However, as an introduction to car modding, absolutely go for it.

Exactly right and beaten to the punch by a younger OG :sad2::D

You'll get a different sound. OK, you'll get more noise. Personally I always find that noise makes a car feel slower, not quicker. I like the effortless feel of firm acceleration in a high gear with no change in engine sound at all............

All down to personal choice I suppose.

Many cars have good cold air feeds taken from outside the engine bay so a cone filter sat inside the engine bay might well decrease potential performance on account of drawing in warmer air than the standard setup.

Last edited: