Induction kit info??

hazzagrant

Wrench Pro
Car
ford fiesta st
I read somewhere that infact induction kits lose bhp rather than gain it, apprently the air box is designed for cold air, but having an induction kit lets warm air come through etc.
I find two things wrong with this first if you have a cold air feed this should correct the problem, also the induction kit lets is breath easier surely, i removed my air box and pipes from my ST today and there is so much pipe work that removing it and installing an induction kit must surely help it perform better.
Any other Opinions on this??

well i dont rate them a k&n panel filter is all you need really even if you are kicking out a lot of bhp
and if you are doing a hell of a lot bhp well the blower will be out of the bonnet lol and you dont worry about things like a air filter

very interesting. thanks guys, ive learnt a bit more, ive fitted my k and n induction kit, sounds awesome, but haven't yet had the time to push it to see whther it makes any gains!!

wont see any gains really if it does put 2-3 bhp you wont fill it but when you do push it you will as its all in your head

best mod i would say to do on a st is a 5th gear when in my step brothers st the other week and was reving its nuts off in 5th gear doing 70

well compaired to my old 2.0 cars

well ya but if it had a better gearing at top end it will make it a better car

ya its a quick round town car and small course car but have to see peopel need to get to these places

I fitted an induction kit to my girlfriends Bora V5 measuring air-temperature over the OBD diagnostic port before and afterwards. Even with a cold-air pipe pointing at the filter from the grill there was a notable increase in air temperature which negated any other benefits.

I'll never do it again. I'll just stick with panel filters.

hahah i will admit it could do with a sixth gear for motorway driving, but spose that not what the car was built for!!

I don't agree.

Current Fiesta models such as yours are very capable cars and a good example of design and build quality. A 6th gear could make for lower rpm at motorway cruising speeds but it might end up geared so high that you're constantly going from 6-5 when you need a little bit of swift acceleration to join the rightmost lane of the motorway. And then you've got to change up again to justify the 6th gear being there.

Rgds,

HDi

lol i'm not moaning about it i just thought that if anything could have been better in my car it would be a 6th gear, however i love it so it doesn't matter,
they do have really good build quality which i'm finding out at the moment!!
the induction kit seems to give it more response however whether it has giving it more power is difficult to tell, poss an extra 2-3 bhp but no noticeable, however its is more responsive and sounds lush,
btw i love this website!!!