induction for Mi16

vranilinek

Car
Peugeot 405 Mi16
Hi guys. I just joined this forum, so this is my first post, please be tolerant if I do something wrong.
One year ago i fitted 57i kit on my Mi16. It works fine and the sound is nice, but two days ago i read on peugeotperformance article about ram-cooler. Do you know where i can get this. I was searching on Pipercross and KN web but found nothing. Also i was thinking about CDA kit, which looks very nice. But i am not sure if there is one for Mi16 in production. I found just one for T16 and later Mi16 2.0 I think that there is no big difference between 2.0 Mi16 and 1.9 Mi16 engine, just 1.9 has alloy block, so CDA theoretically should fit. But i am not sure. Does anybod here has some experience with this? Thanks:)

billyo

Track Warrior
What do the Ram cooler makes claim that it does? You need to be going over 90mph for the ram air effect to kick in. Is the Mi16 a TUrbo engine? If so then an intercooler is the best option I would say.

vranilinek

Car
Peugeot 405 Mi16
Thanks for advice. No Mi16 engine doesnt have turbo. Actually 405 T16 engine is Mi16 engine with turbo :) Well so i guess that it will be better to leave their KN 57i kit.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Jsut make sure you get a cold air feed to it and you might want to lag your exhaust to help keep underbonnet temperatures down.