Increase steering weight, and decrease brake assistance

jarrus

Pro Tuner
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Since owning my 205 I've become accustom to it really weighty power steering and I rather like it and also the brake pedal feel is great, and since putting my 306 back on the road the steering feels too light and the brakes take a light touch and are sharp, the steering is still feelsom but I just want more weight.

The Steering on my 306 is hydrulic and the brakes servo assitance is vacuum,

what can I do to increase steering weight and decrease servo assitance? I don't want to remove the braking servo as it make the brakes totally unresponsive, (I tried without the vacuum line attached) but I would remove the power steering completely as it isn't my daily driver, but if anything can be done without removing it I'm open to ideas...

I know its a wierd request but making a car feel right is just as important to me as how it performs,

Cheers

Brett

Not an easy one - there is probably a non PAS steering rack available which will also increase the turns lock to lock as well as the weight of the steering. Whether the 'feel' is better is subjective, only you can decide.

As for brake assistance vacuum servo is pretty much get what you're given kind of stuff. Bigger calipers and discs will make greater demands of the factory servo thus making the pedal feel artificially firmer.

One of the better options I think is to use the standard hydraulic setup but fit braided hoses which will vastly improve pedal feel and response. Not make the pedal lighter under foot as such but it'll be far easier to modulate brake application without the 'ballooning effect' that conventional hoses have.

You cannot readily alter the assistance rate of a vacuum servo.

Steering feel and brake modulation is very subjective anyway.