Increase acceleration on A3 1.8T

Car
Audi A3 1.8T
Hi,

I have an Audi A3 1.8T 1998 model. The engine has been remapped and believe this boasts the BHP to 160. What other simple modifications can I add to the car to increase performance please?

My other issue is i need to get behind the dash as the on board computer works but keeps going off until I press the button. I also have a broken blub below the car stereo unit and need to get access. Finally and sorry for the shopping list, my temperature gauge sometimes works and other times doesn't. There is not problem mechanically.

Thank you in advance, safe driving

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but you are definitely in the right place for the knowledge that you seek! Somebody will be along in a little while who will be able to assist you with some answers or suggestions to your query!

Good luck! :)

A proper remap should yield a bit more than 160bhp really, I'd expect it to be nearer 180. Add a larger Front mounted intercooler, uprate the diverter valve and fit a KO3s turbo for a larger power gain.

Thanks for the response

The bulb is behind the heater controls

When I bought the car I was told that the remap was 160 or 180 I cant remember so thanks for the clarification. I ideally would like to knock about 1 - 1.5 seconds off the 0 - 60 time. It is currently approx 6.5 - 7 secs. The other element I am wanting to increase is the pulling away. What you have already mentioned I will have to research - sorry newbie and want to do this project with my son

hi you should be at around 180 with a remap if your on the k03, will be a bit more if on the k03s.

id look at a decent fmic,good turbo back exhaust system including the de cat downpipe,decent panel filter. this will get the air/gasses flowing quicker and cooler = more power, you would need another remap though to yield the best results.

Ok for the bulb I think it is the same across all vag group cars of that age, you should be able to pull the middle knob of the controls out, and then witha pair of tweezers or thin long-nose pliers take the little bulb out of the slot.

k03s turbo and decent mapping company will get that up to around 200.

get the coolant sensor fixed as well. bout a tenner for the sensor and 10 mins to DIY

Couple month old thread I know, but i haven't been here for a while.

I'm guessing you have the 150bhp model and they are usually mapped to around the 190ish mark but can get 200-210bhp. If its only got 160, then the previous owner got stitched up, even 180 isn't exactly great.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back