in need of sum parts for civic 1.6 vtec

m4tt m4y

Wrench Pro
Car
honda civic 1.6vtec
hey ive blown the bottem end need a whole engine or crank with conrod and shells and piston and ring plz help thanks .

well i blow the piston ring out the exhurst lol it was from ragging it to much lol yr i have but no gd lol

Why not do an engine swap - I'm sure Prince will have some ideas. The 1.8 Vtec is a nice engine and there should be a few about.

It sounds to me like you need a much stronger engine going by your driving style.

Thanks waynne. :lol: What kind of power are you looking for with the new parts? How much money do you have to spend? Would you want to mod the new engine?

P.s. I know it's a Honda, but you don't have to redline it everywhere you go. :lol:

lol how much work is it to put 2.0 vtec in it and how much would it cost me i got a lead right foot lol

Most things will need swapping. I'm pretty sure you'll have to go K series or H series for a 2 litre vtec as well. It will cost you a lot and the engine will be heavy. Don't think in litres, think in bhp...what are you after? Before modifying and after.

wat can i do to get more accleration mate got a full aem induction kit and stirght thow exuhrt with sport cat and silencers and it chipped with a remapped ecu

You'll need a new engine first! My suggestions are the:
- B18C5 (195bhp - Integra Type R)
- B16B (160bhp - Civic VTi)
- H22A (187bhp - Prelude)
- K22 (213 - 220bhp - depends on car).

What year is your Civic? Is yours currently VTEC? The B series engines are the lightest and offer very good tuning options, they are also the easiest the swap.

B16 engine should be the easist swap as it should be a direct fit to your gearbox suspension will be the same, only thing that will need uprated is braking.

the B16 eninge is a 1595cc engine instead of the 1590 youve got 5cc more and 50bhp more.

Another D series engine will be the easiest to swap over. However, a D series engine can't be highly tuned. A B series engine would be your best bet if you want to tune it and you want more power. It's easy enough for everything to be swapped over, the only problem being that everything will need swapping over.

When you buy engines they are usually from written off cars (from the rear). If I was you I would go B series...just depends on how much power you want.

the B16 eninge is a 1595cc engine instead of the 1590 youve got 5cc more and 50bhp more.

Sorry put that the wrong way round
B16 engine is 160bhp 1595cc engine
D16 engine is 110bhp 1590cc engine

you will need the ecu and wiring harness as well. if you get a rear ended car then everything you need should be in working order

no you might find that the gearboxes are the same. i looked into changing from a 1.4 to the B16a engine and was told there is a good chance the gearboxes may match. not 100% sure tho as never went any further ahead with it (insurance is a *****h when your 19 )

I researched this and spoke to a place called JamSport in Northampton. According to them the D to B series conversion is easy enough, but you have to replace everything including the gearbox. This is what makes it so expensive.

:lol: It's because of these extra costs I'm having to put it off for now (found out that the brake calipers I need alone will cost £200 each at least!).