Improving Engine of Partner/Berlingo

Rashad

Car
Peugeot Partner 1.4
I have an ugly Peugeot Partner 2004 1.4i 8v TU3JP (KFV). Sadly the 0-100 km/h time is about 21 seconds.

I'm not planning on racing with a van lol. I just want to make my life easier when overtaking.

What would you guys recommend I do to bring the 0-100 time down to a maximum of 15 seconds (I'm trying to be realistic).

Are there any mods I can do without having to take the whole engine out.

If I do have to take the engine out I may consider an engine transplant to a 1.6 16v TU5JP4 (NFU) engine. I will have to look around for one.

I am new to this stuff so please explain things clearly, I am a bit stupid.

Hello and welcome to the site mate

thats a big jump in performance your looking at and without spending an absolute fortune on the 1.4 id doubt youd see that.
even swapping to a 1.6 i doubt would give you enough oomphh

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for my late response. Unfortunately where I own and run the van, Diesel and European cars in general are unpopular so there are no Diesel versions of the Partner|Berlingo. I want to correct my post the engine is a KFW code. Luckily over here they have no care in the world about emissions and fuel is cheaper than water.
So I have decatted and put an induction kit.
Surprisingly bringing down the 0-100 km/h time to 19 seconds.
I was thinking of putting an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator however I have found that according to the Haynes manual the version of the engine I have does not have a FPR, or if it does, it is next to or integrated with the fuel pump.
I would really like to remap the ECU, it is a Sagem S2000. It probably can't be modified. What would you recommend doing about the ECU?
What about replacing the camshaft with a fast road cam? Would it help much?