I'm Mad

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I washed and waxed my car in the rain yesterday. It has actually come up pretty nicely. Why did I do this? I promised to clean the car Sunday but didn't get round to doing it whilst the weather was good so I kind of stiched myself up.

Have you ever done something similarly mad?

I've gone out for a walk in a snowstorm where you couldn't see more than around 5-10 meters ahead and driven with my sister to Reykjavik in a getz in a snowstorm that was so bad you couldn't allways see the front of the bonent...on a getz

Fingers, I don't know if it's just me but if I was going to do that to my car in the rain, I would put it inside.

I'm mad because I used to occasionally do something very dangerous but spectacular.

It involved driving with a mate in a high roof Transit van (which was fitted with a roofrack) to a site underneath some 400,000v overhead lines. In the dark, and damp weather.

We climbed onto the roof of the van and each held aloft an 8ft flourescent tube. Both of which lit up brilliantly.

So did the reflective parts of my clothing.

But, they would, with that kind of electric field strength. You could even discern some mild electric sensations in your fingertips.

Please DO NOT EVER TRY THIS. IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

I heard about that and thought is was just a myth! So they do light up! What about energy saving bulbs? I guess they are the same principle!

Do you have spikey hair now?

waynne said:
I heard about that and thought is was just a myth! So they do light up! What about energy saving bulbs? I guess they are the same principle!

Do you have spikey hair now?

Energy savers are the same thing as a fluorescent tube, just a shorter and thinner one folded up with the starting gear in the base. They too probably would light up but it'd be less spectacular due to the short length. Quite possibly it's safer though. Again, I recommend that you DO NOT TRY THIS. It is very silly and very dangerous.

The more you say it's SILLY AND DANGEROUS the more I want to do :p

I got up at 9am on my day off to wash my car last wednesday.

I'd say thats pretty insane.

I couldn't get the all the mud off, I need to get the pressure washer out.

I take mine to the latvians round the corner who wash and wax and polish inside and out for a tenner .....

NOT MAD JUST BLOODY LAZY

:lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back