im hoping to achieve

Nice. How much do you reckon it will cost you?
well i will have about 3,000 euros spare when i get the grant from college
so i can get what is needed

dont know how much it will cost for certain, but what i will do before i spend the bobs, is research it all

remember i was asking Q before on chiping my car,
i want to find out is doing all this going to be worth it in the long run,
and what i mean is, the car is 15 years old and runs like a dream,and i want to have it for another 15 years hopefully,
but by tuning it, would the relyability go out the window??

would be nice to have it up to 270 bhp, especially hiting the ring next year

I'd take out the limiter now mate! The car will still be as reliable as it is now as long as the work is done correctly.

'i want to find out is doing all this going to be worth it in the long run.'
Achieve your 270bhp target then ask that question! You will be loving it mate!

I will however say, before you put all that power in, get the car handling right. I've heard that Prelude's can struggle to put the power down when wet so be careful.

270 from ur lude sounds very good but wen i did my research into getting 250bhp+ all tuners told me that it could only be done with throttle bodies mappable ecu and good 4-1 header so to acheive wat i want from mine my shopping list is as follows;
aem piggybag ecu £300
crower stage2 cams (got)
adjustable pulleys (got)
skunk2 inlet £290
70mm throttle body (got)
p+p head £475
4-2-1 header de cat (got)

how will you achieve ur power? would love some advice if possable?

iam up for a track day or 5 next year if thats wat ur doing with urs?
im heading to the nurmberg when i have it tuned

that research youve done is brillant mate, because i didnt know where to start

i was starting with

4-2-1 ss manifold
ss exhaust from cat back
high performance leads
iridium plugs
chip the ecu and fiddle with it some more
but i am worried about touching the ecu

i know its a modern engiene, but its an old 1
93 with 158,000 km up on it

whats your veiws on that mate??

I'd take out the limiter now mate! The car will still be as reliable as it is now as long as the work is done correctly.

'i want to find out is doing all this going to be worth it in the long run.'
Achieve your 270bhp target then ask that question! You will be loving it mate!

I will however say, before you put all that power in, get the car handling right. I've heard that Prelude's can struggle to put the power down when wet so be careful.
yeah mate its the same with any fwd car
anything over 240 bhp supposidly dosent work

this happens now for god sake
when its wet i cant put down 2nd gear or away she'll spin, i have to lightley does it till im in 3rd then its ok
i suppose having nearly bald tyres dont help

im heading to the nurmberg when i have it tuned

that research youve done is brillant mate, because i didnt know where to start

i was starting with

4-2-1 ss manifold
ss exhaust from cat back
high performance leads
iridium plugs
chip the ecu and fiddle with it some more
but i am worried about touching the ecu

i know its a modern engiene, but its an old 1
93 with 158,000 km up on it

whats your veiws on that mate?

well iam no mechanic but i do have a honda mechanic as a very good friend i :)have just brought some nology hot wire leads been told by 2 honda tuners ( dmf performance - tokyo epress) that they are the best leads money can by but they are a hell of a lot of money buying these from performance parts supliers they start from £142- £180 they have capaciters in them which store the charge and releae it all wen nedded for a better spark check out you tube search hot wires. p.s these do sometimes come up on ebay very very very cheap and they are genuine plus they come with there own earth strap which looks cool as #!#!#!#!#!#!. as for the rest of ur plans i would devfonatly not get the ecu chipped as the aem piggy back ecu is fully mappable for futture mods after origanal mapping session and a descent chip would cost just as much. ps dont get ngk irdium G-POWER plugs get nology or ngk irdium ix.

sorry wont be able to get to the nurburgring as my build is on a very heavy budget and my car is track only so it lives on my trailor/transporter and iam defo not pulling it to germany lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back