I'm Back'ish

Just a friendly reminder oil pressure comes from resistance to flow so a high pressure is not necessarily a good thing.

My old car that had 380 hp at the tyres idled on 10-12 psi when hot and it was tracked at various events for 20 years and is still going strong in the hands of the new owner.

FWIW I always used a full synthetic oil.
I'm not sure if it's high pressure I have or just a failing oil seal somewhere, I thought I read somewhere that it's a common thing for the turbos to start failing at relatively low mileage on my engine, but I could be mistaken.

What car was it that had the 380bhp? sounds like it was a fun car to have.

Last edited:
Stiggy it was an 85 Mitsubishi Starion that had a forged 2.3 4G63 twin cam stroker with a Garrett TS 3076 an RX7 box and every other mod you can think of.
My tag referred to my old car that was sold to buy the Honda TC =TWIN CAM JB = MODEL OLDIE because I am

You can find the full mods list if you are interested
https://www.torquecars.com/forums/t...-have-you-done-to-your-car.39613/#post-311205
Just had a quick look and that was quite an extensive mod list, the most I've ever managed to do was an induction kit, remap, brakes, and new wheels, all on different car's too lol. Although every car I've had I always upgraded the tyres since you know, they are the difference between stopping and not stopping and going around a corner and not going around a corner.

I'm good, working hard trying to pay the bills and have a bit left over for the car. Good to hear from you again buddy. I missed your banter!

I'm in catering (agency type work in a few locations) and it's shift work so some very early pre 5am shift starts and some really late post 11pm starts!

It messes with your bodyclock big time. Plus I have quite a big family and we are close so we spend a lot of time together.

I'm in catering (agency type work in a few locations) and it's shift work so some very early pre 5am shift starts and some really late post 11pm starts!

It messes with your bodyclock big time. Plus I have quite a big family and we are close so we spend a lot of time together.
Dang, I'm not surprised it knocks your body clock around like that, my shifts are bad enough on me but in all honesty, I'd be dead or at least very ill if I had those working hours. Still, at least your close with your family, bet it makes up for the working hours you have to go through.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back