Torque Cars

Im after an induction filter for my vw t5

Discussion in 'Diesel Chat' started by hough, 1 February 2019.

1. hough

hough Road Burner

Poole, England
    Car:
    VW T5 swb 2.5tdi
    Hey can anyone help im having a bit of fun and wanna fit a induction kit to my vw t5 2.5tdi

I Iike the BMC and pipercross viper style kits but cant seem to find one for my van

Can anyone help or recommend a good filter

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    An induction kit will not make any power difference to a 2.5 TDI. I've tried this and I didn't even like the noise. The standard airboxes flow really well, you'd be better off with a cotton gauze panel filter in the standard airbox.

Your money is better spend on a remap or turbo upgrades IMHO.

Lunchmoney likes this.
  3. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Agree with Waynne here. Diesels flow pretty well from the factory.
    A remap would reap best rewards.

Also agree that Diesels with aftermarket induction kits sound awful.

4. hough

hough Road Burner

Poole, England
    Car:
    VW T5 swb 2.5tdi
    Ok thanks for the advise just wanted a better engine sound, not gonna go mad with engine mods want a better exhaust so im fabricating my own system frim the cat back most prob gonna use MIJ exhaust components and keep the system looking standard