I'm Abdou from Algeria!

Abderahmane

Car
Skoda Rapid 1.6TDI
Hello Everybody,
i'm Abdou from Algeria,

I have a Skoda Rapid Spaceback 1.6TDI 105HP, from 2015,

Its my first Car ! And I love it so much, Now I want to play a little bit with it, so I will make a stage 1 motor unlock and I want to learn more information to go ahead for the stage 2 and 3 ..
What do you think guys ?

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Glad you're enjoying the site, it's taken many years of work to get it to this point, and we keep trying to improve it.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello Everybody,
i'm Abdou from Algeria,

I have a Skoda Rapid Spaceback 1.6TDI 105HP, from 2015,

Its my first Car ! And I love it so much, Now I want to play a little bit with it, so I will make a stage 1 motor unlock and I want to learn more information to go ahead for the stage 2 and 3 ..
What do you think guys ?
Sounds great, I'm a bit of a Skodaphile, I have just downsized from a Octavia vrs estate 4x4 to its little sister the Fabia Monte Carlo Estate 1.2tsi. Such fun little cars.

My advice for starters, is to have an initial achievable goal. Stage 1 is good for a start, what you do here will be the foundation for moving on.

Write a spec list. What is stage 1....
Research the parts in your list.
Are they available, and from where and more importantly, how much. My friend, I hope you have deep pockets and a good job..... Once you have this information you need to think about who, what where and when.

Who is going to supply the stuff not available off the shelf..... What is it that makes these parts unavailable? Where are the people who can make or supply, and at what point do you go for it...?

It sounds daunting but its not, its just doing your research... Take for example the engine in the Fabia, 1.2tsi... Great little engine, low insurance brackets, pretty well engineered under the wrapping, but why can't you just go to Piper, Kent Cams or one of the other performance cam manufacturers and get a fast road cam? Hmm? I don't know either, I'm still researching it but you would have thought they'd be 10 a penny....

So it's best to start on paper, get it right there and your well on your way. Make a file and keep ideas, pictures, info etc all together.

Don't start thinking stage 2 or three..... Stage 1 for a first project is a steep learning curve, without getting into the relms of blue printing motors and gas flowing heads, etc. It all sounds very exciting, oh and believe me it is, but you'll need to earn your stripes as you go, unless you go to school and do it the other way.

Always here for advice as is everyone else. Good luck and have fun, but be safe.

Hi there and welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and although you might not get many replies or much off topic banter the tips you get are worth their weight in gold and I would take quality over quantity any day.

I hope you stick around and add your voice to the unique community that only TorqueCars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back