I'm a no nothing! Help

B

Burtslk230

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2002 slk 230 kompressor, I know nothing about mechanical work but would like to learn. In comparison to my fiesta 1.25 my slk is a bit of a beast but I would like to give it a bit more! Any ideas would be great! I've been thinking of a cold air induction kit and an aero turbine exhaust muffler. HELP

Cheers

James

Hi and welcome.

In my opinion, don't waste your money on either. It will be cheaper and you will get much more power by simply getting the car remapped. Assuming this is possible on these cars (I don't know but can check with my son if you wish) you can expect 20-25% increase from a petrol turbo engine. Try and get that with cold induction and exhaust mods :)

Just noticed that you are in Essex. So are we. My son, Alex, is an agent for Celtic Tuning, so if you think this may be a tuning route that interests you, PM me and I will send you his contact details so you can have a chat with him.

Last edited:
Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

with OG on this. induction kit may give you a few horses if your lucky, a full exhaust maybe a few more. but good stuff will cost you more than a remap which will give you a decent gain. if you can fit a smaller belt and pully to the charger then more power can be had although this might be a bit more than OG son can do as it will need to be set up on a RR to get the best

I actually have a slk kompressor and have looked into the tuning options

Firstly they run a supercharger not a turbo so mapping will not give as much gain.
In fact the map is very good from the factory. . I should add that this info was correct when I bought the car and that was ten years ago so it is quite possible things have changed.

What you can do in fit a free flowing exhaust that has been designed for the car. Brabus do one and it gives a reasonable power increase without a remap.
(not cheap thouigh)
Induction wont give much gain as it is like the engine pretty well sorted as standard.

They kompressor models are a lot quicker than people imagine as standard

What your first mod should be is to fit the brabus suspension (or similar) . The brabus set up completely changed my car ( mine has been done with brabus monoblock wheels))
The brakes are well up to the performance as is the rest of the car .......untill you put a large v8 in it .

Last edited:
Good point re supercharger, I had forgotten about that. Scrub the performance increase I quoted.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back