If you had to retake your driving test would you pass

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you were required to retake your driving test do you feel confident that you would pass?

Lots of new things have been introduced over the years, so have you kept up or do you just muddle through using your common sense?

What areas of the driving test would you need to take a refresher/reminder lessons for if any?

Hopefully I would pass but may need some parallel reverse parking practice as haven't had to do it for a long time ?-/

There is no way I'd pass a test now.
However the test is nothing like the real world.
When my wifelet passed her test she then didn't drive for 5 years. When she started to drive we arranged for her old instructor to give her a few real world lessons and he said it was a nice change of pace for him to actually do that rather teaching to pass a test.

I doubt it as i've picked up too many bad habits like palm steering.

I just did the practise theory tests with my eldest daughter as she's learning now for her practical test she's taking in early February next year. Some questions didn't make sense to me, seemed almost trick questions and you have to be so quick to press the button on the video test as a split second can mean you score 1 point instead of the full 5 points. I got 56 points out of 75 available. Chloe has just taken and passed her theory test, she got 68 out of 75 points. A pass is 45 points. She was quite smug about that :oops:

Andy it's just that the kids nowadays are so used to anything electronic and their fingers and thumbs can be a blur at times on buttons and keyboards.

I'd like to think that I keep up with laws and regs, and I haven't got too many bad habits. Perhaps I should do the advanced driving test and see how I get on.