If you had a bigger garage

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I wish I had a bigger garage. I can barely get my car in let alone open the doors!

If I had a bigger garage I'm sure I'd do a lot more work on my car, especially over winter time.

Do you wish you had a larger garage (or a garage in the first place) and would this save you money on repair bills?

I can answer this quite easily.................my previous house had a huge garage, enough to get two cars in side by side. I could also back a car trailer in it with car still on the trailer as an alternative! It was situated at the bottom of the garden away from houses. So was ideal for welding and grinding past midnight! I really miss that garage but decided to move out of the city in order to be able to park at night after a hard days work! Where I am now the garage is too small and is just a workshop/store room. However I have enough room to off-road park four cars and possibility to extend the current garage. Most of my work is now done in the summer, winter I don't do anything apart from servicing etc. One day the garage will be extended. Good job I don't race anymore as I used to spend the winter building a new car for the following season, thank god for calor gas heaters! I fear that if I had a bigger garage now it would just house a 'project' of some sort!

ive told the wife when we move it will ether have a garage or a garden big enough for a garage. living in a flat in the middle of the town means i stuggle with parking a the best of time and only have the alley around the back to work on

We have a double garage. One side has my weights bench and punchbag and tool shelves and car bits and bobs. The other side is completely full of crap that either needs chucking or selling, but we've never got round to it. I'd love to be able to keep a car in it.

Our car mad neighbours have a double too, but they have lacquered the floor, carpeted the walls, strengthened the joists and installed an engine hoist.

I've never bothered with garaging cars. Apparently it can be quite bad for them in the winter. It's better for the underside to be coated with salt spray and remain frozen rather than damp if it thaws in the garage.

I'm also told that it can lead to mould problems inside.

My house has a garage but isn't wide enough to park a car inside... Even if it wasn't filled with various rubbish.

I'd love a garage wide enough to keep a set of tools ready to go, and wide enough to open both doors.

if i had a big garage, i would have my clio in there followed by a 3.0 v6 clio and i would also have a little old project mini, that i would love to tune up with a 2.1l engine, and plenty of sand bags in the boots lol

My house has a garage but isn't wide enough to park a car inside... Even if it wasn't filled with various rubbish.

I'd love a garage wide enough to keep a set of tools ready to go, and wide enough to open both doors.

thats what im wanting. something bigger than a single garage but doesnt need to be as big as a double.