IDE electrical fault

kiemuloly

Car
Megane Coupe
judging on what i've found on this engine this is probably posted multiple times...

oki i know this isnt meant to be done to prolong engine life but when pulling into a fast road straight away you dont have much choice... and i try to keep it lowish rpm when i do...

anyway

when cold, if pushed a bit the electrical fault light comes on.

also when cold the car physically shakes as it misfires. most of the time anyway.

it also kicked soot out the exhaust...

and at high rpm the whole thing shudders as it tries to accelerate- my guess is misfire... tho only does that at full throttle that i've found so far, but also brings on the fault light.

went to the garage... i dont know the actual fault codes but it come up with EGR OBD fault EGR unknown fault some other EGR fault, and the same for Fuel Pressure Regulator...

on trying to get a new EGR valve renault said there was no longer any such thing, so the garage got in that blanking piece thing and fitted it... they said there was no faults when they tested it- which before it still brought codes up when warm..

anyway go back to work, she cools down and on going home fault lights on.. shes not any different... i've read all sorts of things being changed and not making a difference- anyone have any idea what the fault is possible gonna be before i spend untold hundreds i dont have? so far the soot seems to be reduced- havnt done many miles to check this for sure tho.

also when warm- the idle is alot smoother and general driving no matter how hard is great.

i have a plan of when the tank runs low get a fuel injector cleaner in the tank with a lil bit of fuel and try to burn everything through, see if this makes a difference..

petrol or diesel ?

when they blanked of the EGR did they fit something across the sensor to trick into thinking it was still there ? can it be coded out ?

its a petrol, and they did something with the computer i think but it has exactly the same fault codes so its most likely nothing to do with the EGR... =(