i want to modified my car

kyawminaung9

Car
mazda 323
i have mazda familia 323 93model and i want to modified my car into turbo charged engine , race car suspension and little body work.Can i attach a turbocharger to my car?

hello mate and welcome to the site :D
are u new to car tuning world? if u are youl see its not all that easy,if u have no knolage youl have to pay for every think u need to do and that is expensive...
i would not recomend u to do a turbo upgrate,couse its much more complicated than people think...ull have to think about compression,beacouse of premature ignition of fuel in cylinders,changeing internal parts,and loads of other thinks so id say its way easier and problem-less to do an engine swap,to put in fabric turbo engine witch fits your car...but to tell u honestly,i dont have good experience with mazdas,i blow up once mazda 2.3 turbo 300 hp :O... :DD took it to a ride and had it flored for a while and strange noice started to hear from the engine,it was beacouse of oil lack :( and all engine had to be replaced...since than i dnt trust mazdas hahah :D ...but its just one example,it doesnt have to mean anythink ... good luck with tuuning,bee free to ask for any future questions

Hey and welcome to the site mate

adding a turbo is possible but it is alot of work and £££ where as it could well be cheaper buying a turbo car to begin with
quick read here
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/

for you i think the 4x4 323 was turbocharged so it might be an option to look at for an engine replacement.
as for race car suspension - i would say aviod like the plague it will be too stiff and hard to drive on anything other than the track

We get asked this question a lot so have a look at this thread which covers the basics. I have to admire your ambition though!:D And I hope you pull it off.

Cheap turbos can be purchased from breakers yards which are ideal for a try it and see type project.:bigsmile: As PG suggests getting the 4x4 Mazda 3 turbo engine is a good option and probably quite cheap in comparison.

Please note that I don't think it is worth adding a turbo to an old car with a small capacity engine. There is nothing stopping you but the money and hassle will just not be worth the power gain you get. It is better to just buy a better car for your tuning project.:confused:

Adding a turbo is a major engineering task and without a kit with full instructions and all the parts you need there is a big risk of blowing up the engine. Expect to spend 50 hours upwards on a project of this type. This is not the sort of modification unless you are mechanically competent.

It is worth looking at superchargers as these are easier to install than a turbo is.

yea,its true,i had a Astina 323f lantis with B6 engine and im swapping it to a BP engine as soon as it arrive hehehe,,,the engine is being porting and polishing rite now most properly will reach me after this week or next,,,,but i'm thinking whether is it good for me to install a turbo charge,,,,

Alex

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back