I want to change my Ibiza 2001 engine (I need some expert opinion)

srag

Car
Seat Ibiza 2001
hey guys....am in big trouble and i need some expert opinion on this one..
i have ibiza 2001 1000cc and the motor need lots of repairs and i will
not repair it cuz it will give trouble again after a couple thousand miles...

so now my options r buying a used motor from europe one of this 2 :

1- 1400cc MPI ibiza 2001 motor
2- 1600cc MPI ibiza 2001 motor

which is better, and when installing this new motor at a good workshop...what should i be concerned about ? i mean how do i make sure that whoever install it, does it right ?

Last edited:
the garage you use you must trust, ask around and find one that has carried out engine swaps. before and has come recommended. also ask for details and photos contact details of cars theyve done and try and find the owners to find out if they are happy with the service.

to be honest mate the wife has the 1.6 twin cam in her 2003 golf and its quite gutless. youd prob be better off selling the car and buying a new one as youll have a load of stuff to swap over.
engine, ecu, gearbox, suspension, hubs, brakes

Welcome to TorqueCars. It can be a pretty big project if you get a garage to do it for you. If you can get them to give you a price for the job it will be better than you paying an hourly rate.

Of the 2 engines the 1.6 would be the better choice but you could probably buy a 1.6 for the money it will cost to pay for a conversion.

Engine conversions work best when you do them yourself and when you swap in something unusual like the 1.8T engine.

sorry for the late reply...and thnx for all the advices!
i got the 1.4 ibiza 2001 one...but its leaking oil...not heavily but its just not right...my mechanic tried to block it with silicon but it didnt work...
but theres other problems with the car...am abt to sell it already...

thnx for the advice...yeah its kinda of a big project but we do it all the time here in egypt...to install it just cost me 50 dollars :D....2 days work
but turns out its not a nice engine...its runs like a dream but it slightly leaks oil....
but its the least of my trouble...ive got other problems with the car..the power steering oil pump...and the electricity in the car is messed up..needs fixing also...so i figured even if i got all these problems fixed...other problems will pop up in the future...i gotta sell it...its a shame cuz i really loved that car...