I think I want a Mini!

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
I was happy with my 100R it's unusual, goes like hell & it's entertaining in the bendy bits.

Then my mate turned up tonight with a very tidy N reg 1.3i Mini Cooper, a spin around the block reminded me how much fun they are! Just being in the cabin & hearing the engine took me back!

Oh I don't know what to do now! :confused::lol:

does anyone else think the new mini coopers are like bigfoots.i was by the side of one today and they are massive.look like big offroaders.lol.not a good look.

Stick with the Metro Loz. Unless you really want to spend more money! I've had a few myself and first started racing in them so still hold some affection for them. Come to think of it I've only had eight!

Unless you have owned and driven a classic Mini you've never lived! :bigsmile:

get a proper car lol
what i dont know

someone will come up with something silly

the old school mini's are the best, i noticed one on autotrader, for about 2 grand which is cheap especially as its a 1998 model, had all the paint work done and everything, i would love to own one if i could afford two insurances, but i need to stick to something practicle for now lol

Stick with the Metro Loz. Unless you really want to spend more money! I've had a few myself and first started racing in them so still hold some affection for them. Come to think of it I've only had eight!

Unless you have owned and driven a classic Mini you've never lived! :bigsmile:

That's part of the attraction there's soooo many goodies! :lol:

I'm also thinking about the cost, in the past couple of years I've noticed Mini prices have been on the rise, I've always wanted a Mini Clubman & if I leave it too long I may never be able to afford one. :embarrest::lol:

For one horrifying moment I thought you meant a new Mini.

Odd thing about the new Mini, I want to like it but there's something about them that doesn't click with me, technically I can't fault it & the reviews say it's a great drive. I just can't see my self driving one. :amuse:

Will it replace the Talon? I'd say get one but use it as a daily runaround. It would need lots of chrome and a row of spots.

Odd thing about the new Mini, I want to like it but there's something about them that doesn't click with me, technically I can't fault it & the reviews say it's a great drive. I just can't see my self driving one. :amuse:

That is because you still own your standard issue, mark one, car tester. Your balls.

Now, don't go losing them will you, otherwise not only cars like the new Mini will come into your head, others will appear aswell like VW Beetles, Smart cars and Heaven forbid even a Prius!!! :amazed:

Go for the original every time.

That is because you still own your standard issue, mark one, car tester. Your balls.

Now, don't go losing them will you, otherwise not only cars like the new Mini will come into your head, others will appear aswell like VW Beetles, Smart cars and Heaven forbid even a Prius!!! :amazed:

Or even a PROPER CAR

a CORSA VXR.:lol:

Thing is, it's probably not a bad car, but it's light-years removed from the ethos of the old Mini, probably the nearest thing to one of those these days is a Fiat 500. The new Countryman is bigger than my Bora.

Plus you would look like an estate agent in a new mini and lets face it who would talk to you then? :bigsmile:

but the classic mini is an awesome little car and going up in value all the time

if you're going to, now is the time to buy one

Last edited:
Will it replace the Talon? I'd say get one but use it as a daily runaround. It would need lots of chrome and a row of spots.

Yes I'm going to sell the Talon although it saddens me just thinking about it!
The plan is to get a full 12 month MOT & put it up for sale after Chrimbo.

I'm also going to have a huge ebay sale & consolidate my interests & that will create a decent wedge to add to the fund.

Chrome & spots will definitely be on the shopping list!

:lol: I feel the same about Music covers & Films based on books & you never catch me owning a Smart...
Smiley-Whistling.gif

Or even a PROPER CAR

a CORSA VXR.:lol:

Cracking car but too new for me, I like my Cars old skool!
2gunsfiring_v3-1.gif

Thing is, it's probably not a bad car, but it's light-years removed from the ethos of the old Mini, probably the nearest thing to one of those these days is a Fiat 500. The new Countryman is bigger than my Bora.

The new Mini is a beast & it's set to get larger too! :lol:

I think Gordon Murray's T25 is quite close to Alec Issigonis's philosophy, assuming that ever we get to see one on the road. :amuse:

Plus you would look like an estate agent in a new mini and lets face it who would talk to you then? :bigsmile:

but the classic mini is an awesome little car and going up in value all the time

if you're going to, now is the time to buy one

People don't talk to me now when they find out I work on the railway! :lol:

But yes, I think it's close to now or never with regard to prices.

Last edited:
I've forgotten the name of the engine builder but it's a hand built engine, the interior is a little tatty but the body is suppossed to be solid, but we'll see when we get there. He reckons it's faster than a 1.8 Metro, but I'll be the judge of that. ;)
The chap also has a Clubman 1275 GT which I really want but it might be out of my price range. :(

Austin 1380 was a bust, paint work was very bubbly around the bottom of the doors,sills & the A piller, engine was biggest selling point, built by Simon somebody face & to be honest it sounded like it had, had better days anyway.

On plus side I definitely want a Clubman now, haveing seen the dealers own one. :amuse: So I will wait until the right car turns up me thinks. :D

spending some time looking through dedicated magazines like mini world and such might turn up something that you wouldn't necissarily have found otherwise, i guess you're after a tidy little motor but not a concours winner?

After looking at some I've decided my main criteria is a fairly decent shell & subframes.

Been thinking about selling the 100R & that doesn't fill me with joy because I know I'm not going to get a lot for it. :(
It's annoying because if anything, the 100 will out perform a Mini all day yet it's worth less!

I've had an offer from a young lad but I feel it won't get looked after & I can't help thinking he will end up wrapping it around a tree because he's a new driver... sigh, what to do. :confused:

After looking at some I've decided my main criteria is a fairly decent shell & subframes.

Been thinking about selling the 100R & that doesn't fill me with joy because I know I'm not going to get a lot for it. :(
It's annoying because if anything, the 100 will out perform a Mini all day yet it's worth less!

I've had an offer from a young lad but I feel it won't get looked after & I can't help thinking he will end up wrapping it around a tree because he's a new driver... sigh, what to do. :confused:

Don't sell it to him for a start. The Rover 100 is not best known for is durability and occupant protection.

Yeah, that's why I had the fully welded roll cage fitted. :bigsmile:

It's on the Metro forum now as well, I'll be much happier if an enthusiast bought it.

Yeah, that's why I had the fully welded roll cage fitted. :bigsmile:

It's on the Metro forum now as well, I'll be much happier if an enthusiast bought it.

It's surely got to go to an enthusiast. Lively as it is it'll be wasted on someone simply after cheap motoring, no matter how involving the driving experience is.

What is the likely selling price as opposed to the value of the car broken? I know a sorted MG ZS is worth twice as much broken than as a runner.

Gearbox with diff is around the £300 mark if a Torsen is fitted, if a genuine Quaife ATB for the PG1 then these can be around the £600+ mark.

I still think you are daft! :toung:

Hmm I think I'd rather sell it whole, I'm not sure I'd make the same money breaking it, parts don't move that quickly on the metro forum & only the interesting stuff really sells, plus their quite a thrifty lot so I wouldn't make a lot. :lol:

There's a Metro forum!? WTH!? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't be soft, buy what you want and then turbo it ;)

Or stop messing and get a Mk1 FRS innit. Modern enough but drives more like an old skool car than most of the crap coming out these days :toung:

Don't think like that, I'd been driving nearly four years before I wrote off a car and that was my first and only accident so far! Besides it's up to him what he does with it, as long as you get your money so what? Only those with too much money can afford to be picky who they sell to in these times.

Love the pick-up, there used to be one that raced at my local club, Rover powered. That was a real handful but went like stink! The one in the advert looks like it could be a good project.

that pickup is apparently based on GT40 (replica?) running gear with it's transaxle, suspension and a 289ci (4.7ltr) V8!

i thought the same about the clubman in the ad £900 is a damn good price for something so soughtafter in whatever condition and going by the info in the ad only some minor work needed to finish it off