i really dunno what to do :(

highonmeditation

Car
corsa 1.4 sport
hi there every 1.. my first time to this site n ive been reading a few posts about corsa's n ive gotta few iders and i really dunno what to do.... i brought my first legle car just befor christmas.. it was a standerd 1/2 merit, ( very slow car ) so i shoped around and found a quite nippy 1.4 ecotek sport engine. i completly stripd it down n replaced every and any part i possable could, while doing that, i got it reboard, high lift cams, and a 1.8 fuel injection, induction kit, upgraded the exaust manifold also having a strate throu full system exaust. ill be honist all this has made a differnce and shes pulling 0-60 in under 9sec's an easly beaten nearly all 1.6 around wher i live,, shes even pulling away frm a few 2.0l's.

as wat sometimes happens when you get used to a car, you can tend to get board ov it and starting to wont somethin quicker and more powerfull. .... now heres my problem cause i dunno what to do............ im thinking ov converting her in2 a 4wd,,,,,, but im not to shure how... and im dieing to get ma hands on a turbo engine but i dont no what one i wont to get.... i kinda no i need a doner car... but please help me out n give me some advise cause i could really do whith it... thanks alll ...:)

9 seconds meant to be quick or something? :blink: Thought about a C20LET conversion? Me oh my it will be quick then. My GT fully stripped in currect guise (920kgs dry and ~180bhp) can't touch them. Plenty of info on one of the vauxhall forums, migweb etc.

well yh for a 1.4 0-60 in under 9sec is quick isent it..... as i said im leavein nearly alll 1.6l cars, an pulin away from a far few 2.0l off teh line.. n the engine u suggestin,, thers allready a far few ov em going around,, i dnt really wanna b the same as every 1 else.. need somethin differnt but i dunno what... thanks for you reply anyway mate.. :)

How about sticking it in the back then? (if only it was that easy lol) and making it RWD or/and putting one in the front too? Be very costly and be plenty of fabricating involved I'd imagine. Not too many of them around though!

1st up ditch the bad spelling and the partial text speak

mmm 9 seconds is quick, even for a 2.0 never mind the 1.4 now im not saying its not possible but the 1.4 only gives around 90bhp standard. the 2.0 give 140
im struggling to see how you can get the 50 bhp even with what youve done.
cams, induction, exhaust and re bore. even with this i can t see 50 bhp as youve not included a remap or head work in this.
and if this is your 1st legal car how do you insure all this ?

now back to the tuning

if your not wanting to use the 2.0 turbo engine try looking towards the 1.6 engine and throttle bodies, properly done up you should be looking at around 160 ish bhp

just had a quick think. did you leave in the 1.2 gearbox, could b the reason your so quick off the mark is due t the shorter ratios of the 1.2 box over the larger ones which are made more for cruising rather than town driving

sorry also forgot to welcome you to the site

lol. thanks very much mate.. yeah i left the standerd 1.2 gear box in... that y she so quick off the line.. now im not saying i dont wont a 2.0l turbo engin cause thats what im really going for hear,, its just whitch 1 to go for.. plenty of people have got the redtop engine and as they are standerd and they ant that quick, i had one off the line 3weeks back, obiously the top end is much greater, eg im limited to abou 90-110 mph, as they keep going past 110mph. what other turbo engine could i go for,, and is it posable to get a bigger sized engine,, for example a v6 , 2.5l or even a 3.0l turbo..

as im saying i just wont to b differnt .. what would be the best doner cars to go for.... oh yh and sorry about my spelling, im allways texing on ma phne so that where i get the bad slang from. im still inshurin her as a 1.2 as ma inshurance would obious be quite a bit as a first time driver in a 1.4.. thanks very much for the replys thou still..:) :rolleyes:

I doubt a 4x4 drive would be feasable in the Corsa but I don't see why not go RWD. I'm following an Astra RWD conversion project at the moment.

What about a supercharger? That would give you some more power but another engine swap is the best idea. Probably a turbo 2.0 or 2.5 rather than a massive 3.0 but you need to check there is space in the engine bay.

dont think the 2.5 would fit without moving the bulkhead back. the 3.0 is the same engine block with differnt internals.

but before we go any further get in touch with the DVLA and get it swapped to a 1.4 on the logbook then get intouch with the insurance company and declare everything that has been done to it, if the insurance is high look around for another company.
basically if you hit anyone currently your NOT insured

yh you are rite in what your sayin,, but its allready in the process mate.. thanks for your concern thou anyway......................

bk 2 da tunein.. :)

basicly you sayin if i put anythin bigger then a 2.5 in ma car im gonna have to move my bulkhead back.....:amazed:.. if thats tru im #!#!#!#!#!#!in gutted :( ok then fair enough ill look in to that....... what abou convertin it into a 4wd. how would i go about doing that, i mean how would i go about getin the gearbox'z from da front and the back,?, i ant even gota clue where to start with putin in the rear bok n the drive shafts. whets teh best engine to get ....... its all doin a ead in.. i got all these iders in ma head n i cant get em out it all just floodin up as thou its one big blure. :amazed:

MSG TO WAYNE

you no what i have been lookin for a supercharger but i cant find one.. ive googled it in n nothing really comes up actualy sayin i can buy a supercharger for ma corsa.. am i typing in the wrong words or somthin?... you said that ur doin a rwd conversion in your astra,, sounds wiked,, but gizz sme imnfo how 2 go around it, could b very usefull as im seriously thinkin about convertin mine to a 4wd :) ive had dreams about the bloody thing :embarrest: sweeeet.. just thought id say... you pple are bein very helpfull.. the servis is great... wikd site id recomend to any car tunein fan :blink1:

SPELLING

converting to 4wd would mean chewing up the whole floor to build in a transmission tunnel ie alot of work and money. gearbox could be left up front with the engine best bet is to get one off the calibra or caviler as both of them had 4wd models.

for the 2.5 : yup youll ether need to move the bulkhead back or extend the front out. by extending the front youll need to move the axle further forward as well otherwise trhe engine will be infront of the wheels causing a heavy weight up front which will result in heavy understeer. the other option is to fit the engine in the back and built a bulkhead behind the rear seats, and make it just RWD, downside to this is its such a small car youve got a major chance of making it oversteer all the time

Do you have air con ?
if so ditch that and fit a small supercharger(such as the one from mini cooper s) in its place, as long as you run low boost with an intercooler. you should be alright. big boost however will mean that the engine needs rebuild with lower compression and stonger internals or water/meth injection to keep intake temps down to prevent predetonation.

ether way dont look at your clutch lasting very long as the extra torque will rip it to shreads

:sad2: awwwwwwwww uve just broke ma heart .. looks like ma dream ant cuming tru after all. cant fit an engine bigger then a 2.5 n it gonna be a hell ov alot ov work doin if it converted to a 4wd..

ok then lets keep it stanterd... whats the best engin to go for.. and is it best to go for a turbo or an nonturbo,, whitch engin is the best to turne up and how meny parts are available ... :) if i can do a litle bit ov work to a lil 1.4 engine... i wanna see how mutch i can get buy doin it proplery outa bigger engine :)

SORRY FOR THE SPELLING :)

best to go with is the old C20LET engine, not the newer Ecotec one 200bhp in standard guise and a bullet proof engine. now heres the downer, insurance you were on about how much it would be in a 1.4. think whats its going to be with the turbo engine in it
the only other engine id recommend is the old 1600 and fit throttle bodies to it

plenty of people have got the redtop engine and as they are standerd and they ant that quick, i had one off the line 3weeks back

B*ll*cks. A redtop Corsa NA or T would muller you. Either it wasn't, he wasn't trying or it was broken. Most of these vauxhall boys don't know how to maintain or properly tune and engine anyway. No good timing your 0-60 run on a stopwatch and an innaccurate speedo. Quarter mile is where it really counts. I doubt your car would even run 15s.

best to go with is the old C20LET engine,

Like i told you in the first place. Don't waste your time or money on a TB'd 1600, you're just gimping yourself from the start. You seem to be very clueless about what a 4WD/RWD/engine conversion actually involves. I'd suggest doing a lot of reading on a specilist forum/website. Dreamers.

It is possible to fit a larger (say 2.5ltr) engine in the rear of the car. But very difficult. Anything can be done with enough moeny and know-how. Unfortunatly it doesn't sound like you have either. Sounds harsh, but welcome to reality.

hahah..... now u doin what every 1 else iz doin round ear... underestimatein ma car big time... look ino it only a #!#!#!#!y 1.4, but keepin da 1.2 gear box in does make a big differnce.. i seen this lads engine,, im possative its a 2.0l redtop... but it was box standrd, no upgraded parts what so eva.

any way i dnt care if u dont belive me... n i am gonna start goin 2 race down teh quater mile strip as soon as i do a few more bits... like u said thats where it counts,, all ready gotta rep round ear 4 bein the quickest 1.4 on da road,,, time to show every 1 else soon mate....

n what u chatin abou.. jus cause im askin a few questions on ear u asumein i dont no what im doin ... i thought thats what this site is all about.. askin questions n gettin answers... money n work time is not a problem... ok fair enough i dnt no much abou the 4wd system or even stickin teh engine in the back,, this iz all new 2 me yh its a great ider but i dunno how to do it.. ant really looked into it befor.

rite so the best engine to go for is the older version... n i can geta supercherger off a mini cooper (new ones ) .. rite sorted im lookin for 1 now... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
3 points
1) Spelling, next to nobody, including myself, will answer this post until you can spell correctly if you stuggle install a spellchecker
2) No refrences to street racing are to be used on this site, take this as warning do it again and prepare for a ban
3) swearing, this includes using ## or ** or swapping letters around

the 2.0 will proberly be too big to use the supercharger off the mini as its designed for a smaller engine.
the golf (paragraph removed) is gutless any way i could keep up with them no problem in my 1400 civic.

and keeping the 1.2 gearbox wil only help off the line as it gets you into the powerband earlier, the problem is the bigger engine cars will develop the same power lower down. ie my civic gave 90bhp at 5500 odd revs, the bora produces the same on 10psi boost at 2700 rpm. and you will find that the cluch might not hold up even with the small increase in power if your hammering it off the line at every set of lights

n what u chatin abou.. jus cause im askin a few questions on ear u asumein i dont no what im doin ... i thought thats what this site is all about.. askin questions n gettin answers... money n work time is not a problem... ok fair enough i dnt no much abou the 4wd system or even stickin teh engine in the back,, this iz all new 2 me yh its a great ider but i dunno how to do it.. ant really looked into it befor.

Sorry mate, I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, I'm just trying to give you REALISTIC advice. It's easy to say "I'm going to do this" or "I really want to do this" but most people never do. Usually because they don't actually realise what's involved. And now you know what is involved, you're leaning towards a good old C20LET conversion. Prime example.

just c20let it if ur looking for loads of power people are getting these engines to over 500bhp now which is plenty for a corsa.
and as for 4 wheel drive this is possable but u will need to use eather a cavalier 4x4 runnig gear and floor pan or a sierra cossie floor pan and running gear then ur corsa will need to run wide arches then u start wanting to run a full cage to stop chassis flex and before u no it the car starts to become more of a track car then a road car.
check out png.net and look for the nova running a cossie engine and running gear or vaux sport for chips turbo rear wheel drive nova or there is a bloke on there called beadey thats got a 3.0 v6 4x4 corsa hope this helps

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back