i need a screamer pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scotty boi

Car
soarer 2.5tt
i run a 1991 soarer twin turbo, its been chipped, has a front mount intercooler, blitz air filter and apexi exhaust, but i NEED a screamer pipe, does anybody know where i can get one from and a rough idea of cost, ive just gotta get one fitted NOW!!!!!!!

Do you know how loud these things are? You'd never get away with it on the road at MOT time and you'd even be banned by most tracks with noise restrictions.

Do you have a boost controller and BOV fitted? These should suffice.

(Oh and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you.)

cant tell for certain mate as they arnt used alot over here as they the law isnt quite suited to them - noise and emmsisions

quick google turned up this
SDC11214.jpg

screamer pipe is on the RHS of the pic beside the wastegate

cant tell for certain mate as they arnt used alot over here as they the law isnt quite suited to them - noise and emmsisions

quick google turned up this
SDC11214.jpg

screamer pipe is on the RHS of the pic beside the wastegate

Thanks Garner, for enlightening me, I have worked on all types of turbos and superchargers, and Never heard of a "screamer pipe" have fitted some loud blow off valves(really loud, but no screaming) One lives and learns!

If it's your daily driver I'd recommend against it. The novelty will wear off after a week and it'll annoy the tits off you. If you're dead set on having an EWG re-route back into your exhaust.

Well I have just listened to a few examples on You Tube and I must admit,
I'm hooked! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:
Driving normally the exhaust note was no louder than it should be, then when you floor it, WOW! :D
I am not sure whether to do this or not, but I can see how intoxicating the sound can be! will think long and hard on this one!!!

Last edited:
Hello mate, if you really want a screamer pipe ,after a little research ive found somebody in bedfordshire who is willing to make me one for approx £150, or £200 if i want it to exit the front bumper, bedford is about 50miles outside london, drop me a line if ur interested, so many people have told me NOT to get one, but i NEED my car to sound like that!

Decisions decisions! why route into the exhaust system? any particular advantage to this?

I was thinking about MOT time when they give the car some throttle for the emissions test! doubt if it would go through or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Only advantage of re-routing into the exhaust is stopping the noise. Some argue that it also disturbs the flow of exhaust gases as a disadvantage.

Come mot time it helps to have a friendly mot tester, although i couldnt condone the bending of any form of goverment legislation, lol! still thinking about it then? hopefully i should have mine by modified nationals,i already spend hours driving just to hear my waste-gate chatter but as soon as i have my screamer pipe ill be hunting out tunnels! unfortunately my nearest is hatfield tunnel, approx 30miles away, oh well more petrol

best way of uploading pics is to host them on photobucket and copy the code
otherwise go to advanced and under the smileys you should see quick upload

hey guys,

a screamer pipe is only for turbos right?

what if i remove the cat, resonator and muffler...then use 4-1 headers, a straight pipe, then finish off with an open tailpipe design? would that qualify as a screamer as well?

thanks...

It will be massively loud, but it does really need to come from a turbo to be a proper screamer pipe.

Only heard of them being associated with Turbos! will you get away with the noise that they make in your country? Have a look on You Tube, these things are scary loud!

does it actually help the performance or is it just making noise for the sake of it?

Not reaallly, in theory if you vent back into the exhaust you're disrupting the flow coming through the turbo but in the real world you'd see no difference. Maybe in really high level applications (700bhp+) but not in much else.