I love Autoglym

It's a sunny day, and I decided to wash my car.
Autoglym is brilliant stuff... I had to take a picture

Click the photo for a full sized view

So the question is: which car shampoo and polish do you use? :)

**EDIT**

Seeing as someone is bound to ask: the car behind it is a Citroen C5 estate

Last edited:
I use autoglym car shampoo but I go Big on Megiuars NXT tech wax. It is an artificial wax and you get a really deep shine on it and scratches seem less noticable. I have used Autoglym but they work best on newer cars with perfect paint IMHO.

On older cars you never quite get the shine you want. (Correct me if I'm wrong here though!)

if you like maguires have you tried quick clay, its a pain in the arce to get the hang of but once youre good its top notch, i told someone to get some of the nxt gen tech wax not so long ago, but recently av bin autoglym all the way, the super resin polish followed by the super gloss protection and glass polish and the finish is absolutly amazing even on my 96' fiesta it llooks better than new!!

Oopsy... I haven't been around in a while.

To answer your question: erm... It's about the same :embarrest:

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just explain here where I've been, what I've been doing and what I will be doing.

I got a new job a couple of months back as a Web Developer. I'm really loving it. It's a great company, there's great people there and it's quite a bit more money than my old job too. I got myself a new girlfriend around the same time too. As a result: I've not had a massive amount of time to do stuff I like doing... Like playing guitar, driving and posting on forums :p

Anyway! I've made a descision! I'm not going to pump any money into the Fabia, except to buy some better tyres - and maybe some better break pads. I've got far better things to spend my money on!

Wait? What?! What could be a better thing to spend my money on than my car? Women? Computers? Drugs? No no no... Another car ;)

Last December, some dizzy so-un-so ran into the back of me and knackered my neck. I put in a claim and I'm finally going to see some cash for it. About £1500 to be precise. So I'm going to buy a car. Probably: a Mk2 Golf GTI. An 8v 3 door from about 1990, I think.

The only problem with that is: I'm 21, male, don't live in a great area, and most importantly: have no no-claims. So I'm not going to drive it straight away. My brother has offered me his garage for 9 months or so; I'm going to buy a car with a few dents on the cheaper side of £1k and do all the things I couldn't do with a car I have to drive to and from work every day :-D

The way I see it: this going to be one of my few chances to do it. I'll have a nice, quick-ish car, done up the way I want. It's a car I like, and I'm pretty sure I will like for some time to come - long enough at least, that I don't mind pumping money into it.

The beauty of buying a cheap-ish car when you've got the cash and doing it up over a year or so is, of course, that you can sell your old car to pay for the insurance in one lump ;)

I'll be sure to keep you all updated on the situation. Any suggestions for what will probably be a Mk2?

Welcome back SBT. I've been a web developer for a good few years and I've not needed to advertise for work- it keeps on rolling in. We'll have to compare notes.

I like the plan for the new car. Will you have time to do it up? If you are modding it then a 16 valve would make more sense to me.

Make sure you get a good alarm and immobiliser as these cars are ripe for thieves.

Welcome back SBT. I've been a web developer for a good few years and I've not needed to advertise for work- it keeps on rolling in. We'll have to compare notes.

I like the plan for the new car. Will you have time to do it up? If you are modding it then a 16 valve would make more sense to me.

Make sure you get a good alarm and immobiliser as these cars are ripe for thieves.

We will indeed! Do you work for a company or are you freelance?

I'll definately be sure to get myself a good alarm and immobiliser. It's close to the top of my list :)

Yeah... I had wondered about a 16v. I've heard that the 8v's are a bit nicer for every day driving. That's important to me because I'm going to be using it as my main car. They're also a bit cheaper to insure too. Who knows... I'll see if I can have a go in one of each and see what I think.

Or if anyone has any experience in the matter, it would be good to hear from you :)

Last edited:
I'm as freelance as they come - thats how I get to spend so much time on here! :lol:

If your planning on tuning then I would say 16valve, the 8 valves are pretty smooth and seem to get better as they get older so I don't think you'll be that dissapointed with either.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back