I just don't get it

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Can someone try to explain or help me understand the mindset of drivers or should I say motorists who are proceeding along on an empty dual lane road in the left lane with nothing but clear road in front of them and suddenly move over into the right / passing lane and do not take any exits for many kilometers and when they do so on a motorway they accelerate and spear across my bows at the last moment to exit left when they could have easily and safely done so by backing off and changed lanes behind me as it baffles me completely :rolleyes:

To me a "driver" is a skilled person that knows and follows the rules and is aware of all his/her surroundings knows how to merge seamlessly and is focused on driving safely whereas the average motorist appears know only the basics and has forgotten most of the rules and rarely if ever carries out the basic checks to ensure the vehicle is in a safe roadworthy condition.

This is based on my observations of my fellow road users over say 1 million KLM's seeing faulty lights underinflated tyres failure to indicate or if they do it's a single flash or they have already crossed the dividing line before the indicator flashes.

Last edited:
When I find people in the middle lane it's usually a few miles before the left lane splits off and they don't like changing lanes. I'm sure it's down to fear and doubt.

Surely a fear of not being able to merge into a lane should preclude a person from driving? It's these same people you see sitting at the end of a slip road waiting for a gap, having used up all the run up area and finally stopping!

When I find people in the middle lane it's usually a few miles before the left lane splits off and they don't like changing lanes. I'm sure it's down to fear and doubt.

Surely a fear of not being able to merge into a lane should preclude a person from driving? It's these same people you see sitting at the end of a slip road waiting for a gap, having used up all the run up area and finally stopping!

IMO they should only ever be passengers and sadly most likely think that they are good drivers but unfortunately are a danger to others as well as themselves and have managed to avoid well deserved penalties due to the lack of police numbers.

Only yesterday I was on my way to the gym following a BMW around a LH corner and when the traffic light ahead came into view it was RED and went GREEN almost immediately after so I rolled off the brake and onto the accelerator but the Beamer continued braking and stopped completely at the GREEN LIGHT.V( causing me to brake again to avoid a collision :eek:

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back