I hit a sign post :(

craggle26

Tuner
Car
Polo CL Coupe
Ok. Recently when out cruising with mates. I pulled out of a car park followed the road around. Not knowing a black post would cripple my passenger door.

*Damage Done*
Dented the passenger door. ripped the trim off.
Hit the back wing, Creased the wheel arch.
These old VW's dont tent to be forgiving ^^

It was a right mess, It took it down to the metal. I have been quoted £250 and he will supply everything, Is this a good price for a proffessional job ?

That seems pretty cheap to me but if they're going to fill and paint rather than replace panels then it's OK. Incidentally, there's nothing wrong with filler when used in non structural parts of the car such as in this situation. The only fun bit can be getting metallic and pearlescent paints to match withour respraying whole panels.

The only fun bit can be getting metallic and pearlescent paints to match withour respraying whole panels.

Thats so true. To get a proper finish even if it a scratch on the door most proper paint shops will spray the whole of that side. Don't they call it blowing in or something?

dusting off.
they paint the offending panel and lightly "dust" over the ajoining panels so its a closer match

£250 is cheap, i was quoted £400 to sort out my wing and bumper inc paint.

I'd agree with it being a good price - but will the work be upto the standard you want? If you are not sure get a second quote and compare them.

Hahaha...It was just a plane black post. It had no reason to be there, It might have had a little sign saying this is Dyserth Waterfalls. But when I looked at it, the sign was blank...Might go back with a hack saw and cut the #!#!#!#!er down ^^

Erm. I can get one for you tomorrrow morning before I take it to the body shop. Its too dark to see atm. I had my dad confused how I managed to dint it in 2 places ^^

No-one's hurt. Put it down to experience mate. And watch the A55 Expressway - Heddlu are getting very sneaky. At some point I reckon that the LLanfairfechan traffic cameras will suddenly undertake other 'duties'.

3 days! Thats not ideal. I guess you'll be more careful in future. Either that or your next car will be a Hummer H3!