i got a question !!

bernie01

Car
galant 2ltr gls
hi there , i got a mitsubishi galant 2ltr gls , i have the cruise control stalk but in the manual it shows a rocker switch on the dash too . the cruise does not work , the garage say it does not need the rocker bcz i have the stalk , can anyone tell me what is right and can i make the cruise control work ?

The rocker switch is to activate the cruise unit, the stalk switch is then employed to set whatever speed is required or to accelerate if desired for overtaking then to let it return to the pre-set cruise speed.

Thanks CB , i thought it would not work without the rocker switch but the garage said there was no need for a separate switch to the stalk !! anyway now i have your answer ,can i add a rocker in the blank on the dash and will it work ?

We have a Legnum outside, just been to look at the set-up and sod's law, it doesn't have cruise control at all.
I can't give you the answer you need as i don't have the relevant wiring diagram available. Even the Mitsu manual we have here doesn't cover cruise control. I will investigate further though.