I failed :(

Jim

Torque Junkie
Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I failed me test today, first time sitting. Failed it after like five minutes started, on parralel parking, was too close to the car i was reversing round and my mind just went blank about how to sort it, i knew i had failed so all my concentration just slipped from that point on... Looking for a re-sit asap.

How many of you passed it first time?

Gutted.

Bad luck! I passed first time and had an accident within 2 weeks apparently 50% of first timers have an accident within 2 months so failing has actually made you a better driver statistically speaking! It did take me a year of lessons though - no professional lessons just my step dad, but he was fairly thorough and patient with me.

I remember being on my test doing the reverse around the corner bit and saw another student doing the same thing further down the road - but she had managed to get BOTH back wheels on the pavement! :shock:

Bad luck mate, i'm sure you'll get it next time.

I passed first time with just about 3 hours of actual lessons, cause my dad is a driving instructor and we just argued continuously while i was out. The longest i lasted was half an hour, which was good for me.
Although i had very little in lessons, i have been driving since i was able to reach the all controls and see over the steering wheel (since i was about 10yrs) in private property - never on public roads until i had my provisional.

Sorry to hear that mate. It took me 3 attempts to get mine. Last year I had to take it again due to a ban and I passed that one 1st time.

They say the best drivers pass second time but i really dont want to sit another one. Thing was right, i was out with my instructor for 1hr before the test, drove perfect and everything was done right. Then went out in with the examiner and everything shot down hill.....grr only me to blame suppose.

Just roll with the punches and try to fit into some one's cancellation before christmas hopefully. Dont want this dragging out to next year. Spent a fortune on lessons as well to.

happy to say i passed it first time both times.....

Both times you say... yes

I passed it first time round, then a year later i managed to get 6 points on my licence by failing to keep my insurance to date....

Lost my licence (6 points first 2 years = re-test), so re took it again (but get this) the instructor that i picked to go with.. cancelled on me on the wednesday (test day friday).... Said he didnt think i was ready (total arsehole)...

so Panic'd got someone private instructor to take me and BAM passed...

Naturally i had to call up the first guy a gloat...

I failed 3 times. The first 2 were accidents that were NOT my fault. The third time I clocked up 3 faults on silly things but again it was other drivers cutting me up and stuff. IT WASNT MY FAULT. Did I mention that my failure was not due to any inadequacy on my part!! :lol:

i managed to pass the first time. mostly coz i have a really gd friend who knowes how to drive really well and keep the car in controll whilst skidding. so i 5 to 6 hours practasing wif himand he was amazing at pointing out mistakes and correcting so its mostly coz of my friend also ppl panik in the test

yeh i passed first time 2 days ago

it was weird, i was super nervous in my pre-test lesson but then not in my test

just bought some 17" alloys for my 106 too =D

Unlucky man.....

I passed 2nd time. Got a dick head for my 1st test, i could see he'd decided i wasn't passing from the look he gave me at the start.

It was early in the morning and the tit got me to reverse round a corner, in rush hour. I said to him r u sure? he said yes, so i done it slowly as the road was busy. At the end of the test told me i failed because i done the manouver when it was busy! I was big time pissed off.

He even got me to do a reverse park across someones drive way, i mean come WFT!

anyway, 2nd time round i clipped a wing mirror on a car at the start(2nd corner), it was my only mistake but i though i'd failed. At the end the woman told me i'd passed and only had one minor of being "to close" to the car :D

Almost done my 2 yrs now but paraniod i mess up before next month.

Good luck second time round.

Nah diffirent things this time. Observation mainly, oh and too close to parked cars. Manouvers were perfect this time though. It really does my nut in

Oh - thats depressing Jim. (Theres no ice down here - we hit 10 degrees at the weekend) .

Come and take your test down here :wink: .

Test is two weeks, the DSA seemed unusually efficient on re booking it :D. Didnt loose any test fees so its just prosponed.

Well done Jim - many many congrats! Time to celebrate.

Did you know you had passed or was it a surprise when he said?

It wasnt really a surprise no, more of i didnt really know but i had a funny feeling i had passed. :D

Only one minor :D (for stalling it :oops: )

Hah

Might sound funny, not that I only passed the first time, I drove my own car there. But hey, it's all cool...my sister failed once, my mom failed twice. They both are shi**y drivers...

Whats the driving test like in Kosovo? Its really strict over here and now comes in a couple of parts (written and practical!)

Driving...

Instructors... most of them used to be corrupted (law is after them), but I had to study a lot for my own good. Tests are pretty easy, not as many questions, just like when you prepare them for a 65 yr old. Traffic is messy, you can get hit at any time. And I have to drive to work every morning haha. I just had a car accident like 4 days ago, this heavy wheel truck (11 ton with cement in it) was on my side of the road (one way lane) as I was taking a right turn, he was speeding, so after I hit the break, my car slipped and I hit the front right wheel of the truck with my left front bumper. Didn't cause any big damage, just the headlight. The cops say it's my fault because my car slipped and hit him. He never mentioned that the truck wasn't supposed to be there at first place, second he was speeding and his breaks went 3.60 meters on the pavement, and that it scared the *#*#*#*# out of me cuz i thought i was going under it and couldnt get to bend down because i had the seatbelt on. The insurance company won't even take photos of my car until the judges decide in the process. So I am stuck.

That is so frustrating. Hope it goes well for you - keep arguing your case. Perhaps you should add that you would have still collided even if you had not skidded to move blame away from "lost control of the car".

Well all I wanted was for them to state in the report that he was going too fast. They never even checked the manometer thing where it registers how fast he was going. But I am going to say something about it tomorrow, I also have witnesses. So wish me luck.