Hyundia getz 1.6

James62

Car
hyundai getz 1.6
Hi folks
Yep 62 is my age, but I have a trade background that goes back a long way.
Cant resist fidling, so after i bought this getz to scoot around in i made some changes.
Its now lowered 30mm with new struts and shocks. A set of 16 inch mags with 205 wide
Low profiles also added.
K&N filter is now on and I would love some suggestions as to what I could do with the exhaust. I havent found any one who makes off the shelf extrectors.
Cheers

Yes an interesting debate.
some years ago I re mapped an XR8, the mechanic advised me to put on a larger filter(K&N) the end results were good.
The car went from 260kw to 335kw.
I think the filter played a small part in enhancing this.
As for the dirt getting in, I never had any signs of this and the car was a great performer.
So I put one on the getz. I probably wont bother with a Dyno just to prove a point, but it feels ever so slightly better when starting to pull hard.(this is where we need more air)
So now my next step is to improve the outlet.
Cheers

I suppose it depends upon the car in question. Some cars have very good cold air feed setups as standard yet folks still insist upon fitting cone thingies under the bonnet and messing it up.

Outlet - OK - I suppose we need to think about gas flow and this isn't necessarily enhanced by using massive bore pipes

where are you based? There are a lot of companies that will do a custom CAT back system which could be good. Not sure about manifolds and whether a custom one would be worth it on a Getz haha. I suppose a decent 2" straight through with a reasonable back box with no big bends and no restrictions would be good? Dont want it too big though.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back