Hyundai Santa fe CRDT auto remap?

apk

Car
Anthony Kent
Just found this forum, just wondered if anyone has any experience of remapping a Santa fe, outright performance not key, driveability and "stomp" more important, along with any improvment in mpg.

I am currently considering either Celtic or superchips, both increase hp from about 150 to 190, with similar improvment in torque which is more important, I have heard good things about both companies.

All the remappers quote improved mpg, is this realistic if the added performance is not used (too much!) or just B/S?

Pretty much all sensible diesel remaps yield better MPG. In reality you will start driving with a heavier right foot so will probably not notice.

Celtic are very highly rated and respected on here.

Thanks Waynne, I do a lot of longer trips at steady speed, so hopefully should see some mpg improvements there.

Celtic are about £315, Superchips about £395, which one should I go for?...............

Which is closest to you? Celtic get my vote out of those two. Tell them you are a TorqueCars member as well, I'm trying to get a deal going with them.

Celtic will come to me, Superchips will be AMD @ lakeside 50 miles away, not concerned about distance/slight cost difference, just want the best/safest.

superchips are one of the oldest however ive hheard a couple of bad reports about them and yet to hear 1 bad report about celtic do a search on here ( think the thread might be in the peugeot forum ) and see the amount o work the are will ing to do to help someone who's car didnt run right after the map ( there was an underlying issue with the car that didnt show up when the car was checked over as it didnt show a fault code ) Graham took the time himself to get the car on the rolling roads and spend a couple of days going through the possibilitys until they found the problem

Well I went ahead with superchips last week, initially a bit dissapointed looking at the figures a peak hp only increased from 147 to 168hp so only a 21 hp gain not a lot, but to be honest on a diesel it is irrelevant, as I never rev hard/run flat out. The torque gain is almost unbelievable, and has risen from 246 lb/ft @ 3100rpm to 314 lb/ft at 2700 rpm, quote a gain, and throughout most of the rev range there is an extra 80-90 lb/ft or about 40%! This has transformed it on the road, although still no sports car it is now very crisp and responds nicely.
The bonus appears to be fuel consumption, I have not used a full tank yet, but looks very promising, normally hit 1/2 a tank at 290-300 miles, but did 350 this time which seems amazing, I will fill up in the next couple of days to confirm, but it looks like it will be easily in excess of 10%.

try the derv doctor of paramount performance (Slough) Paramount have a rolling road and know how to use it (many are chancers)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back