Hyundai i30

W

Wolflion

Hey guys,
I'm new here, greetings to all.

I found this forum when I was searching for some information about adding turbo on my car. As the title says I have an i30 (2009 year) with 1.4 DOHC 109 hp petrol engine. The car is perfect in every aspect, but the acceleration is not that much impressive. So I was wondering if there is a way to boost the acceleration somehow, by adding turbo or any other option. And it would be nice if somebody already has an experience like this to tell me how much would the upgrades cost me and where could I find the proper parts that i need. Also I'd like to know about how the tuning would affect the engine, will there be some huge changes in the fuel spending or if there is any danger of damaging the engine.

Thx in advance :)

Welcome to the friendliest forum in the world that has many knowledgeable members

NOW to your questions you can add a supercharger or turbo BUT it will cost $$$$$ to do it properly and I do not know of a kit made specificly for your car/motor.
YES you can and will damage the motor if not done properly as the pistons almost certainly will be cast and not forged so if you do install a turbo you will have to keep the boost pressure below say 7psi and have the EMS computer remapped.