Hyundai Getz Top speed and acceleration gains

Seddiq

Car
Hyundai Getz 1.6L
Hello everyone,
The reason I found your community is because I want to upgrade my Getz, it’s a pretty decent car and its very reliable, the thing is it’s done 300k kilometers, so I was thinking of adding a turbo kit since the engine is bound to die soon anyway so I have nothing to loose if it all goes to *#*#*#*#. The other option was to swap the engine all together for something more powerful, maybe a v-tech or a 1.6 turbo from any other car.
The question is, am I thinking in the right direction, or should I just get a legit exhaust and bigger injectors and call it a day?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome |B

In my opinion any engine with that mileage that is going to be turboed needs rebuilding with balanced forged internals if it is going to last and be trouble free.

It will also need upgraded fuel pump and injectors plus a programmable EMS/ computer as well as a competent and experienced tuner to get the best result and be reliable.

Bigger higher flowing injectors will be of no benefit on a stock unmodified engine and may actually increase fuel consumption and foul the spark plugs.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome |B

In my opinion any engine with that mileage that is going to be turboed needs rebuilding with balanced forged internals if it is going to last and be trouble free.

It will also need upgraded fuel pump and injectors plus a programmable EMS/ computer as well as a competent and experienced tuner to get the best result and be reliable.

Bigger higher flowing injectors will be of no benefit on a stock unmodified engine and may actually increase fuel consumption and fowl the spark plugs.
Thanks for your response.
What would you recommend I do?
I just want more power out of it.

Well it always comes down to money.how deep your pockets are and how fast you want to go so exactly what is the car going to be used for ?

Well it always comes down to money.how deep your pockets are and how fast you want to go so exactly what is the car going to be used for ?
Its a daily driver, i want no more than 200hp, maybe less. Think 500 abarth or mini jcw.
Also money isnt a problem, the issue is if its gonne be worth it to spend on this car.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

A high mileage car has lots of worn parts, not just the engine, I've found these can become moneypits where you just keep throwing money at it to keep it on the roads. Suspension, shocks, breaks, sills, gearbox etc... it all adds up. I spend over 7k on a car that was only worth about 1k on a good day over 3 years. Every time I thought this will be the last bill but it wasn't.

Sorry I've not been around much, I've been fighting off a DDOS attack on this site. Hopefully performance is back up to where it was, or perhaps a little better.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back