Hyundai coupe styling.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
This hyundai coupe show car has been fitted with some nice alloy wheels. The photograph shows the bodykit with its wide sills.The next picture takes us to the rear of the car with a carbon fibre surround rear light conversion. The electric arial also fits in nicely and is quite chunky.Completing this Show hyundai coupe [...]
More...

What do you think of this then? Is this your thing?

Well for a start, this is a Hyundai coupe. They are rubbish no matter what you do to them unless its an engine conversion from a European or US car. I've worked on Coup's before and found them to be totally useless in all areas of 'performance'. The diff is wrong, the suspension is lumpy, the engine has flat spots in unusual areas, the gearbox.... well the gearbox is from Hyundai so thats all I need to say.
Chasis rolls, doors are stupidly heavy, weight distribution doesn't exist and the ECU fails miserably to deliver power properly to the wheels. I've seen a 2.7 V6 coupe that was beaten on a drag strip (1/4 mile) and a circuit by a 1.4 Clio. The Clio was stripped out, had a full S.S exhaust with 4-2-1 manifold, panel filter, ECU remap and Urigen Injectors, giving it 115BHP, the Coupe has 165@6000 rpm but yes, its stupidly heavy meaning that power is wasted.

The other thing I find amusing, is that a 2.7 V6 engine develops LESS power than a 2.0 plant. If you look at Euro cars... for instance a GTi 180 engine (177BHP @6000 rpm) its a non turbo and still has more BHP.... why bother with a useless piece of Korean/Japanese or whatever they are 'engineering'?

What a joke.