Hybrid Turbos

PKZBora

Car
VW Bora
New to the forum
So I have a 2005 VW Bora 100pd, when I bought it it had a 130 turbo and injectors and was mapped to 180 by a very reliable company. I have now a fmic fitted and a 150 intake manifold and egr delete which are not yet on the car. I would like a minimum of 210 bhp and am looking into getting a 52mm hybrid turbo as this should be the only weak spot. However I don't want to loose the poow effect which I have heard you won't get off a hybrid. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome :)
Sorry I am a petrol turbo guy but hopefully there will be a more experienced diesel turbo expert able to address your queries.

Hello!
It sounds like you mostly know your stuff. Hopefully a diesel guy will be along to help out (I'm also petrol turbo) and educate us all.

PKZ we drove around Ireland including The Ring of Kerry a few years ago and loved the green countryside and it's friendly people seeing where my family history started. |B

You can actually specify your internals on a hybrid so if you want low end lag and a sudden kick of power this can certainly be achieved but most people and therefore suppliers try to eliminate lag and aim for a smooth transition.

You can actually specify your internals on a hybrid so if you want low end lag and a sudden kick of power this can certainly be achieved but most people and therefore suppliers try to eliminate lag and aim for a smooth transition.
I've heard that But everyone around here tends to get a kit that converts a pd130/150 turbo, most people with boras around my age want it mapped to big power across the curve if you like, unfortunately most other countries favour the 1.8t petrol engine so hard to get solid advice

I've heard that But everyone around here tends to get a kit that converts a pd130/150 turbo, most people with boras around my age want it mapped to big power across the curve if you like, unfortunately most other countries favour the 1.8t petrol engine so hard to get solid advice
52 mm garret turbo if that means anything to you

The GT1752 and GTB1756BV are fantastic, and probably your best options for the 220 bhp ballpark. Have the head bolts been uprated? I recall the 100pd head bolts do not tolerate large power figures - fit the PD150 ARP bolts and you'll be fine.

You'll need a 4 bar map sensor or you'll max out the stock sensor around 2-3bars of boost.

The other option I would consider is a GTB1756VK which has a really nice spool up.

The GT1752 and GTB1756BV are fantastic, and probably your best options for the 220 bhp ballpark. Have the head bolts been uprated? I recall the 100pd head bolts do not tolerate large power figures - fit the PD150 ARP bolts and you'll be fine.

You'll need a 4 bar map sensor or you'll max out the stock sensor around 2-3bars of boost.

The other option I would consider is a GTB1756VK which has a really nice spool up.
Yes ARP headbolds installed and 4 bar map sensor here, had the GTB1756BV in my head so I think it's what I'll go for, thanks for the advice

Sounds like you've got all the bases covered then. Please keep us posted with your progress, I'm a big fan of these engines.

Will do, she's currently in and around 200 bhp and I think she will be left at that honestly, maybe if the money's right there'll be a few upgrades yet but a fellas hit me this week so all cosmetic for the time being

hola como estas, tengo un motor nissan qd32t dentro de una chevrolet k5 blazer 1982, cuenta con una caja de 5 velocidades de nissan patrol y61 y juego de diferenciales de 4.88, llanta 33 "rin 15, mi motor es turbo y cuenta con bomba de inyeccion mecanica de nissan td27 de alta presion, quiero mejorar el rendimiento de mi motor y poder sacar muchisomos mas caballos de fuerza, me gustaria por favor que me indicaran que kit me recomiendan o que turbo, o modificaciones me recomiendan para aumentar la potencia de mi motor, muchisimas gracias, espero su respuesta