hybrid turbo

oto

Car
320 cdi r6
hi guys. someimes iam pushing pedal and car isnt going there is much smoke but car isnt going seems like turbo lag. checked leaks and other basic stuff. it can happen in every gear. problem started after i hybrid my garrett gt 2359. i use bigger comp wheel on stock turbine wheel. stock comp wheel size is 44/59 turbine wheel 50/47 and i use 53/69 hybrid comp wheel. can it be a problem couser or i must search smthing in tune? using 1.8/2.0 bar or boost. thx for responses

It sounds to me like the mapping is out. A change like this needs adjustment to timing and the fuel maps.

The mod you've done will give more top end power but you'll get a longer spool up time at lower RPM, which is why it is running rich and not sprinting away. Has the wastegate been adjusted?

My guess is the turbo is not flowing as well as it should, are all the seals inside the turbo properly sorted?

hi guys. someimes iam pushing pedal and car isnt going there is much smoke but car isnt going seems like turbo lag. checked leaks and other basic stuff. it can happen in every gear. problem started after i hybrid my garrett gt 2359. i use bigger comp wheel on stock turbine wheel. stock comp wheel size is 44/59 turbine wheel 50/47 and i use 53/69 hybrid comp wheel. can it be a problem couser or i must search smthing in tune? using 1.8/2.0 bar or boost. thx for responses
It sounds to me like the mapping is out. A change like this needs adjustment to timing and the fuel maps.

The mod you've done will give more top end power but you'll get a longer spool up time at lower RPM, which is why it is running rich and not sprinting away. Has the wastegate been adjusted?

My guess is the turbo is not flowing as well as it should, are all the seals inside the turbo properly sorted?
y a guy who made turbo is professional he is doing hybrids for amg gts nissan gtr mclarens and cars like tham. the thing is if that laggy thing happend car willnt go doesnt metter how long time ill press pedal but if ill release and then press again it will go or mabe still not and after other try it goes. i really dunno what is happening. even when iam trying to build boost with 2 pedal sometimes same problem happens...and some sound is comming from turbine side. thinking about actuator but there is never any dtc. can transmission bring problem like that?

Are you getting any error codes via the OBD diagnostic port? Transmission is unlikely but not impossible.

wasnt getting any codes. but now sudenly 2 codes are comming but not always and together. one is overboost and second is low rail preassure. so i think its about tune. but it was working when i flash it like a month ago.

Things do settle in engine as everything beds in, but a working setup can stop working also. Overboost happens when too much air is fed in, the ECU should be adjusted to cope with this and supply enough fuel to match this. Your air flow meter/MAP and lambda sensors may also be to blame here, were these upgraded or replaced?

Things do settle in engine as everything beds in, but a working setup can stop working also. Overboost happens when too much air is fed in, the ECU should be adjusted to cope with this and supply enough fuel to match this. Your air flow meter/MAP and lambda sensors may also be to blame here, were these upgraded or replaced?
yes i get 4 bar map sensor with linearisation. didnt change or upgrade maf sensor tho. i think i explore what was my "lag" thing couser and it was torque converter dtc in trans. i cleared that dtc and now its going fine. i dont know how or why that dtc came. i checked converter and its working good. maybe smthing went wrong or some conectors get wet or smthing :D that problem was that simple i dunno :D