Howzit

Doss13

Car
BMW Z23 engine 4G63
Have flooded bmw Z3 on jack stands ready to pull motor and computers. Have 2.0 turbo motor from 92 eclipse awd with 80k in route. Have not been able to find similar project on line but looking forward to working our way through. My 3 grandsons (11, 13, 15) and I are taking on this project as a shop class for their home schooling program. I’ve been involved with a number of projects in the past but nothing without a v8. Without the motor here we haven’t identified our most difficult tasks as yet. For now we see the clutch/bell housing mate to the Z3 transmission as the thing we have no clue for. Probably have to solve that before we can move on to motor mounts, exhaust and wiring (rally style?). Over the coming weeks, months and perhaps longer we will be soliciting help from all of you guys as we skin knuckles and find challenges to overcome. Thanks in advance for your help. Aloha, The Darwin/Stagg Team

Hello and welcome |B

It seems that you have a great project that you can get your grandsons involved in so they can get some basic hands on mechanical skills so please keep us informed on progress.

I find it sad that so many of the younger generation appear clueless as to how to do basic preventative maintenance checks that IMO should be included in the licence test world wide .

Aloha, thanks for the encouragement. Should be good for them to get some hands on experience. Mechanical skills are irreplaceable in this modern world. No one seems able to understand much of it anymore. They are good boys though and really want to learn how to do stuff. Research and development are the real goals as well as remaining close to them as they grow up. Thanks Doss

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

So sorry for my very slow reply, I've been busy updating the site framework and chasing bugs. Hopefully we are there now, with a much faster more efficient site and server.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back