howdy!

R

rocky mk2

how do people? looking for suggestions on what to do with my mk golf gti 8v kjet????? engine mods mainly.....im a street sleeper kinda man haha?????

hey and welcome, sleeper ideas. not going to suggest anything for the 8v but will give you some ideas

G60 swap
1.8t swap - keep diverter valve and youll hardly hear the turbo normally.

or one of these

R32 engine - BUB code
!BU1-)QQBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLluysEBKPmY+poTQ~~_1.JPG

or if your very lucky
R36 engine -BWS - only fitted to the passat in the uk as far as im aware
( image originally from a google search that gave a wiki entry, this image is not copyrighted to torquecars but the original photographer )

one of the 1st two is your best bet for the 1.8t swaps look towards the

BFV - very rare special edition TT with 240 bhp standard
BAM or APX - 225 varient used in the seat Cupra R, S3, TT 225 etc. a simple remap on this gives around 280

Last edited:
thats what i get for coping the code off google search without bothering to look at the full sie one 1st. could put the thumbnail up but you cant see anything.

sorted it myself. nope google just gave me a little thumbnail so copied the code below it. its fine now. least i can see it :lol:

OP - have found a snipped when looking for a smaller pic that this has been retrofitted to the Mk2. knew the g60 was avalible and the 1.8t and r32 were common. have also heard about a SR20DET (S14 200sx) being fitted although this was a Mk4 iirc and rear wheel drive the guy wanted something different to drift

Hello and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along. I had a play in an 8v Gti and was very impressed. I do agree with those that say they improve with age.

How much are you looking to spend on it and what are your plans for the car? A decent set of suspension and nice exhaust will transform the car IMHO.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back