Howdy! & I'm looking forward to discussions about upgrading my '99 Mazda 626

DarkFlame

Car
99 Mazda 626 V6
I have a '99 Mazda 626 V6 with (only) 44k actual miles. I'm interested in upgrading suspension 1st, then wheels, tires, & brakes. After that, headlights & taillights. Then, stereo & front seats. I'm looking forward to learning all I can about what is stock and what upgrades are possible, as well as the work involved (I don't have a problem rebuilding an engine, doing brakes, replacing components, etc.).

I appreciate all discussions.
Thank you,
DarkFlame
(but you can call me David)
San Antonio, TX

Have you read this yet?
https://www.torquecars.com/mazda/626-tuning.php

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

Thank you so much for joining up and introducing yourself.

I have just done some revisions to the main site, so it is hopefully more readable and informative. We're slowly improving and tweaking things as we go and value feedback and suggestions from our members.

It's nice to have an enthusiastic member like you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Id go with head porting and gas flowing, a fast road cam and increasing the bore size. This should net a nice power gain for you.

The V6 is a lovely engine and quite freely revving compared to many others. Exploit this with the fast road cam.

Brake and suspension upgrades are other top picks of mine. The 323 turbo has better brakes so you might want to start there. High friction pads will also make quite a difference.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back