How would you sabotage a car

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How would you sabotage a car if you wanted to do it undetected?

I'm asking because every month we get about 600 people searching our site for ways to kill a car or how to ruin a car undetected?

My top tip would be to use the wrong low grade engine oil or vegetable oil, especially in a modern turbo engine. The wear and tear will quickly ramp up and it's not that easy to tell if the wrong grade of oil is used.

Also why would a person be searching for ways to destroy a car without being detected?

Ex's car. Previous employer. Rival in love. Grudge. To name but a few.

PS. Don't bother with sugar in tank. It doesn't dissolve in petrol. All it MAY do is clog up the filter, but this is unlikely unless you put a few bags in and this is not easy in a modern car.

err... what?

Are we assuming our saboteur has access to the car? What would putting wrong spark plugs in do?

Banana up the exhaust pipe.
Classic.
65a130815451ffec217766bf7c4a627d.jpg

Sand in the diff .Swap the plug leads around. Lead pencil lines on the spark plug insulators that should cause misfires.

Not sure how the graphite on the outside of the insulator would cause a misfire as it wouldn't be connected to the plug. Is this true or an urban myth?

All of these suggestions, apart from the banana, require the car keys :)

Not sure how the graphite on the outside of the insulator would cause a misfire as it wouldn't be connected to the plug. Is this true or an urban myth?
:)

Don't know but was told running a pencil lead line from thr top to the metal base can cause missfires so maybe it is a myth .

Well, graphite is conductive so, in theory, if an electrical path can be made it should work. However, I don't know how much of the spark it would divert.

Unsure if the following is an urban myth.
In my youth (yes I can remember that far back:lol:) there was a cop shop on a main road that would chase loud cars speeding past and legend has it that one dark night when the car was parked on the road outside they chained the diff to a nearby power line post and the lads then drove a noisy car past and the diff was torn out when the plod attempted to pursue them.

Gotta say guys I'm not entirely sure why this is allowed as a thread tbf. Seems odd. As car fans it seems like an about-turn for most peoples views on a car forum. We should be looking to protect our vehicles not help retards that are looking to sabotage them. Everyone's car is their own and a product of their hard work and in a lot of cases, time, money and sacrifice. When someone steals dustcaps from my wheels it irritates me enough. I have had to source and pay for them (non-standard) and if someone takes what's not theirs I then have to put my hand in my pocket yet again. Anyone looking to damage/disable a car is an arse unless it's being disabled as an overnight preventative measure to discourage thieves. Sorry, had to say it (8})

I'm asking because every month we get about 600 people searching our site for ways to kill a car or how to ruin a car undetected?

My top tip would be to use the wrong low grade engine oil or vegetable oil, especially in a modern turbo engine. The wear and tear will quickly ramp up and it's not that easy to tell if the wrong grade of oil is used.

Also why would a person be searching for ways to destroy a car without being detected?
Well personally I probably wouldn't sabatoge a car, due to my instant karma. However I can tell you how my current boyfriend sabatoged mine this morning As soon as he left I went to make sure he locked front door and the car doors. Oddly enough he needed me to unlock it before he left for work. (Me being the niave and totally unknowingly victim). Well my key fob wouldn't lock or unlock the doors. It was like the whole electrical system failed in a matter of seconds. Baffled. I put my years of working in my dad's shop growing up to use.

He took the god d#@n fuses for the ignition switch and electrical system out. Gone. Vanished. So I sent him a picture of the missing fuses and asked if this might be why the key fob strangely died?

He hasn't responded and it's been an hour.

Can you say byyyyyye byyyyyye mofo?!?!

Is there some kind of law he broke or violated that I can retaliate with?!?! That's my deviousness.

Asking for a friend.

Wow ,people really do want this?. Not that I would do this but 2 litres of Hcl in the gas tank might work ;)

Well personally I probably wouldn't sabatoge a car, due to my instant karma. However I can tell you how my current boyfriend sabatoged mine this morning As soon as he left I went to make sure he locked front door and the car doors. Oddly enough he needed me to unlock it before he left for work. (Me being the niave and totally unknowingly victim). Well my key fob wouldn't lock or unlock the doors. It was like the whole electrical system failed in a matter of seconds. Baffled. I put my years of working in my dad's shop growing up to use.

He took the god d#@n fuses for the ignition switch and electrical system out. Gone. Vanished. So I sent him a picture of the missing fuses and asked if this might be why the key fob strangely died?

He hasn't responded and it's been an hour.

Can you say byyyyyye byyyyyye mofo?!?!

Is there some kind of law he broke or violated that I can retaliate with?!?! That's my deviousness.

Asking for a friend.

I'm surprised to see that this is your first post. Maybe there's a reason why he did it.

Ex's car. Previous employer. Rival in love. Grudge. To name but a few.

PS. Don't bother with sugar in tank. It doesn't dissolve in petrol. All it MAY do is clog up the filter, but this is unlikely unless you put a few bags in and this is not easy in a modern car.
Shoot the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.