How will you buy your next car?

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
When your in the market for another car how do you go about it? Do you set your heart on a certain model & read up all you can about it? Or are you more of an opportunist & have a mooch around & see what's available for your budget?

f70e92b2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: How do you buy your next car?

Used to buy anything i could afford usually bangers,bought the r33 not knowing what it was just liked the look of it,with the r34 looked around and on the net it was the colour what made my mind up went from devon up to bradford for it.

Re: How do you buy your next car?

The next car I buy or should I say a bigger brother for the beast, will be researched properly for all of it's pluses and minus! Fuel economy will be at the bottom of the list :embarrest:

I look for a specific model. I was after a ford focus 2.0 tdci zetec with climate pack. Preferably in panther black. With low milage. And less than £4500. And thats exactly what i got after looking long and hard

Buy what I fancy within a loosely set budget and as long as insurance is less than 3k per car. I know which car I want to add to the fleet next, but a house must come first so I have a home for the RS and new car :D

I always know what car, engine, collor and pack I want. So far in my history i never ever once had money to actually buy it. :lol:
So i start with compromises and end up with what is in my reach. Read: couple colinders less, couple hundreds of HP less and diesel instead of petrol. :lol:

For other part of answer, yes I read all i can about specific model.

I tend to know what I want and stick to it after doing alot of research to ensure of the correct specification and to skip any periods of poor build and recall history. My cars are bought for a purpose and practicality and therefore they need to meet this criteria. My next car is another Land Rover Discovery, not sure if I go for a late series 2 facelift, good car, or go for a series 3. They can take my three dalmatians, do tip runs, carry stuff for DIY and ably tow my 24' caravan and wade through the current drought we are suffering! :blink1:

I have never worked on a budget and used that as a filter otherwise where do you start and where does it end?

When I eventually get a chance to buy another car, I have made my mind up. They are becoming more rare then a Lamborghini. The Peugeot 306 Rallye. If that fails a gti6. But finding an mint '6 is fast becoming impossible.

I'll have to get rid of the fleet first, The way the economy is going I may have to take mpg into even more consideration which unfortunately cancels out all the cars on my list. For the first time ever i almost have to say to myself "Do I need to make this trip?" Sad