Torque Cars

How to spray paint a car

Discussion in 'The Paintshop' started by thexav, 28 August 2015.

1. thexav

thexav Pro Tuner Staff Member

Car:
    2002 Clio 172
    Flatting, the key to a professional paint finish. The key to a good finish is getting the finished paint perfectly flat and applying enough paint to be able to sand enough of it off to achieve this without exposing what's underneath. My cars are similar in surface area to a Ford Focus which most painters might use say 3 litres of 2K paint on but I use 5-6 litres because I sand more off because my application isn't as flat as they would achieve and the required finish is flatter than they would need.

Continue reading...