How to sabotage a car undetected

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I guess this is of interest to divorcees, people with a grudge or looking to get even and it is a question we keep getting asked!

How do you sabotage a car in a way that cannot be detected?

Sugar in the fuel tank is a popular urban myth with people thinking it will cause no end of problems but I'm sure this could be detected if it even worked at all.

What about putting bleach in the fuel tank? Or some other corrosive nasty?

This could equally go in with the engine coolant, and will potentially wreck havoc over time.

I've known people wanting to get rid of company cars, or lease cars to put the wrong grade of oil in them, and this very quickly deteriorates the engine. Thick cheap oil in a high performance engine means it's just a matter of time before the engine dies.

It worries me that people ask this because some car sabotage can actually cause pretty serious accidents and injuries.

How would you go about wrecking a car for someone without them knowing you had a hand in it?

Here is an article along the line of things people often do by mistake that will kill a car on our main site...
https://www.torquecars.com/articles/killing-cars.php

Last edited:

TCJBOLDIE

Torque King
From
Brisbane
Car
JB Starion
Obi do you have a bitter and vexatious divorce coming :confused::eek:

Just don't get caught putting builders expanding foam up the exhaust pipe or in the inlet manifold tract or in the petrol filler pipe :)

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
No not me but I get emails about twice a month asking this very question! Not answered any yet but I thought it would be interesting to see what our devious minds could come up with.

T9 man

TC Pro Founder
From
London, UK
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
There are a few on here who frighten me with their thinking ?-/ Hate to cross their path on a dark night if they are upset o_O

old-git

From
Essex
Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I guess this is of interest to divorcees, people with a grudge or looking to get even and it is a question we keep getting asked!

How do you sabotage a car in a way that cannot be detected?

Sugar in the fuel tank will cause no end of problems but I'm sure this could be detected. How would you go about wrecking a car for someone without them knowing you had a hand in it?
Sorry, but sugar in the tank is a myth :-( Sugar does not dissolve in petrol or diesel so will not affect the engine. The only possible result is if you put enough of it in so it covers the tank's filter it could block the filter. However, this will require many bags.

However, if you pour bleach into the tank all sorts of horrible things happen in short order................................apparently :)

Eddie208

Tuner
From
Bedford, England
Car
Peugeot 208 Style
Don't know much about cars but if it has a cold air intake or even short rams you could try squirting with a watergun some water inside, boom goes the engine :)

I remember once seeing a Russian dude squirting superglue into the exhuast, that may do something? ^^

TCJBOLDIE

Torque King
From
Brisbane
Car
JB Starion
Not necessarily BUT there may be some very angry people with an axe to grind OR having an outstanding debt with no hope of collecting ;b/ :lol:

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just spotted that this thread has been read over 40,000 times out there. Does that mean there are 40,000 ruined cars?