Torque Cars

How to Prevent Air Bubbles Showing Up During and After Car Paint?

Discussion in 'The Paintshop' started by saadi123, 15 December 2017.

1. saadi123

saadi123 New member

Car:
    suzuki(cultus)
    Hi Guys,

I want to know that how can one prevent air bubbles showing up on the car paint during and after the car paint job?

2. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

prepare and paint the car properly with a half decent set up

do you mean air bubbles or specs of dirt. completely different things but same answer

3. MikeMcCarthy

MikeMcCarthy Tuner

North Carolina, USA
    Car:
    66 Bug turbo
    Fish eyes look somewhat like a bubble , caused by surface contamination . They make an additive called fish eye stopper to prevent it . Another problem is moisture ( high humidity ) coming through your air line causing water bubbles . This is harder to prevent but drain your tank often and install a water trap before your air regulator . I leave my water drain on the compressor tank very slightly open when painting so that condensation seeps out of the tank. I also use a filter at my paint gun to remove contaminates also. Hope this helps a little, Mike

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Mist the paint on in very thin layers, allow each to dry before applying the next, the finish will be stronger, harder and pretty much bubble free.

With any paint application though you have to flat it off afterwards with an abrasive paper (fine grade) then apply a polish to cut it to a deep shine.

5. thexav

thexav Pro Tuner Staff Member

Car:
    2002 Clio 172
    Sand it off with very fine wet and dry and you'll get a perfect mirror finish. I've never known spray paint to be perfect until you flatten it.