how to open the dash bord for honda civic 95 lsi 3 door?

mdshowketull

hi, i currently driving a honda civic 95 lsi, i wanna modify the dash bord but i cant figur it out how will i open the whole dash bord. if some body help me please????? thanx.

A Haynes manual is what you really need. Usually the whole dash board needs to be removed to get at the instruments, it is often quicker to do it that way rather than fiddle around hunting for fixings behind the dash. There are normally screws all over the place, sometimes under covers, sometimes behind the air vents. It is more important to replace everything properly otherwise you will end up with squeeks and rattles.

thanx for advice. one more things, u know the vent on the dashbord. r they not suppose to open apart, i mean border and the window things, that will help me alot to paint only the border.

Sorry mate, I'm missing something can you explain again. (It is early morning and Im still officially asleep!)

i mean the vent, i wanna paint the vent's border on the dashbord. but it looks like it wont come off from the vent. its looks like it is one unit. so i just cant paint the border of vent. i have to do all the unit :cry: thats what i mean, do u know to if its open r only my one could be glued together! any idea? thanx

I see now. On some cars if you push the vent fully up (or down) you can see a release clip or hidden screw. On vauxhalls you push the vent fully up then pull and the grill comes out giving access to the release screw. On other cars you need to insert a blade down one side to release the retaining clip holding it in.

It is really unusual for vents to be permenantly fixed - it must come out somehow. You could visit a breakers yard and yank one out to see how it is fitted. (Don't just yank yours out or you risk breaking the clip).

on my civic the vent trim was held in place with clips
i used a flat blade screwdriver to pry it out to put it wiring for phone charger

that was a 98 5 door (more or less a rover 400 but better put togeather) the dash is different from the coupe but the vents might be the same