How to make your own diesel bio fuel

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you actually make your own diesel bio fuel then? What equipment and methods should one use?

Are there any engines that should specifically avoid using home made diesels? (PD & CR engines I believe don't like them very much at all IIRC but I'd be interested to hear your comments.)

Unsure how to make Bio diesel, but a common modification is to run older mechanical diesels off of veg oil.

got f/s an Opel Kadett/ isuzu coupe, 4cyl. 1.8L turbo diesel,5 speed, 1982.

car designed by opel, manufactured by Isuzu, GM sold them around the world,but slow sales, stopped selling.

an unusual car and rare., close to 50mpg US gal., runs well on vegie oil or diesel fuel.

Attachments

• 82 Isuzu Imark diesel coupe,5spd 004.jpg
    82 Isuzu Imark diesel coupe,5spd 004.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 82 izuzu diesel coupe, and fuel heater device. 003.jpg
    82 izuzu diesel coupe, and fuel heater device. 003.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 82 Isuzu Imark diesel coupe,5spd 001.jpg
    82 Isuzu Imark diesel coupe,5spd 001.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4
  • ISUZU turbo 1.8 OHC 001.jpg
    ISUZU turbo 1.8 OHC 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
I have seen something in the newspaper of making the fuel of the garbage or something like that.I guess its still in trial period but will be a very interesting research.

I had a W124 in last week. It was filled with veg and there was an extra tank in the boot with diesel in it. You would run the car until it was warm from the diesel tank, flick a switch which operated a solenoid valve on the fuel line and switch to the veg. Great system and the car never missed a beat on the veg. I don't think it's as worthwhile as it used to be considering the price of veg has jumped in the last 2 years now that the supermarkets have caught onto it.

all good, i use,, used veg oil then run it thru a gravity filter bowl, seems to work great , best part is i get the used oil for free,no charge, just to take it away.

system works well in hot weather, in cold climates a mixture of 50-50% veg and diesel fuel seems like a proper mix. (still save some money). in real cold wether, there are ignition accelerators you can mix in(couple oz.) to a gallon.

the smell,oder, of diesel, is much reduced, on pure used oils, fries,chips, or chiken, it actually smells fine, makes you hungry tho!!

if you have the time to to do it is a money saving thing, it can be messy ,after a year or more, left over containers,etc.