How to improve performance on my sluggish clio

Jonwhyte92

Car
Renault Clio 1.2 8V
Some cheap-ish ideas on how to improve performance on my 2006 1.2 clio. I'm a student so pretty poor, don't want to spend more than £500 quid I will if I have to

cheers,
Jon

Hello and welcome to the site mate
in short id say save the £500. could go down a full exhaust and induction and remap for a little over what youve got as a budget but on a 1.2 there isnt going to be much in the way of a gain.

then add the extra gain on your insurance and itll seem a complete waste compared to the likes of selling the 1.2 and buying a 1.4

Yeh I suppose, I'd get raped on insurance aswell. As a general rule of thumb is it only worth modding higher performing cars like 1.6L +

there are little gains to be had through modifying a naturally aspirated engine, especially small engines, turbo'd cars is where it's at mate

I had an 424 bhp m.a developments cosworth when I was 22 lol

lol back in the day, looked at insurance for the seat's cheapest I could get it and thats with my mum on the policy is 1800 quid a year- #!#!#!#!ing crazy lol :blink:. Is there anything else you could think of which is fairly nippy but ain't gonna hit me to hard in the pocket either

Yeh, i think im gonna go for the cupra dci seems like a winner, just wait a couple of years till im 22 and they'll come down in price by then too