How to get a 116i faster??

Pazza10101

I need help on how to get my bmw116i faster i have not done anything to it yet please give me some ideas on what to do to it. thanks Rob

Which engine and which year do you have Passa10101?

Welcome to TorqueCars - yet another BMW owner joins our ranks!

It does seem built for economy to me with urban at 37mpg and a combined of 48.7 and 10.1 seconds to 60. Interestingly on the M Sport the Max output (kW/hp/rpm) 90/122/6000 Max torque (Nm/rpm) 160/4250 As the power band is so high up the RPM range I would...

Fit fast road cams
Get a panel air filter fitted
Full sports exhaust with a sports cat
Fuel Pressure boost valve
Lower ratio gearbox
Derestricted - usually via a remap

This should improve your 0-60 time and help increase performance.

hi im new to all this and am very happy to see someone eles with a bmw type like mine have to say thay are a very nice car i have the 2.0 but i do know with the rite stuff your car will be the same as mine standerd a god remap and full sports exhaust will inprove lots but dont go geting a pod air filter just keep wit the air box and use a panel filter and also try make or get a cold air pipe runing in to the air box mine has one but it wos naff so i made one for it and now have to say its suck cold fresh air all day long thanks hoped i helped

Or put the 3 litre twin turbo in ;) however other components will have to be updated

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back