How to clean a car interior

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I was just wondering what techniques and products you use to clean the interior of your car?

Do you bother with fabric cleaning sprays? Dashboard cleaners and polishes? What about the tools you use? I have a trusty micro fibre cloth that does me proud.

Lint free cloths for me! :blink1: For the windows at least. I use dashboard wipes (i forget who make them, I buy them in my local garage, and they also sell them in Halfords) and citrus bathroom cleaner sprayed onto a lint free cloth for the windows. You get 100% no streeks on your windows from using this, and it freshens the car. Just dont use one that is too powerfull. I always water it down as well about 60-40.

The old hoover does me good, and I always remove the matts when hoovering.

When I remember (witch isn't often) I will do inbetween where the door closes and the outside of the car is with some wash and wax and a cloth.

I have my Eastern European regulars clean the outside of my baby, but the inside gets done strictly by me now! ;)
I tend to buy Autoglym products for everything to do with the inside, and so have yet to be disappointed with the end results :bigsmile:

I dont clean my car as a way of letting it no i dont like it :D i just goes to the people at the Petrol Station now and again to have a good clean :D im sure my next car will be my pride and joy hopefully

generally just hovered out.
plastics washed with a weak solution of APC.

the mats do come out and get brushed washed and the karacher to remove the water.
not yet attempted to wash the seats yet as theyre not that bad its the outside thats needing done badly