How to bleed brakes

jc denton

Track Warrior
Car
MR2
Bleed master cylinder: ( disconnect brake pipes from MC, hold your fingers over the holes while someone press's the brake pedal ). Do this repeatedly until the liquid comes out in a clean stream ( not spitting ). Reconnect brake pipes.

Bleed ABS: Take the car out & perform a few emergency stops ( so that the ABS activates for as long as possable each time ).

Then bleed each wheel in the normal manner.

I don't know why I'm writing this on a website full of people who probably know a lot more than I do. I just felt like contributing something.

Bleed master cylinder: ( disconnect brake pipes from MC, hold your fingers over the holes while someone press's the brake pedal ). Do this repeatedly until the liquid comes out in a clean stream ( not spitting ). Reconnect brake pipes.

Bleed ABS: Take the car out & perform a few emergency stops ( so that the ABS activates for as long as possable each time ).

Then bleed each wheel in the normal manner.

I don't know why I'm writing this on a website full of people who probably know a lot more than I do. I just felt like contributing something.

Surely that's not right? The pressure could damage your skin and contaminate it? I wouldn't do that personally, not with anything under pressure.

I thought ABS systems had to be bled using a controlled system/manner due to the complexity of the units?

Bleeding each corner should be done as per the manufacturers instructions.

abs you bleed it by each wheel with the ing on so the pump is running normlay dont even have to pump the brake

master your right but i would not block the holes up fill with fuild few very small light pumps till the fuild is everywhere then pipes on and then bleed each wheel

I say again, this is the method I use & I've never had a problem. Granted it may wrong but it works.

But how would you know that there is no problem when you've only used cars whose brake hydraulics are operating your way?

Your method is poor. You must flush the whole brake system of bubbles and of aged brake fluid.

Last edited:
Each to his own is absolutely right...........................

Untill you post a thread telling people how to do it

The replies were Im afraid , inevitable