How safe is your car

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Does anyone on here pay much attention to NCAP and safety ratings of their cars?

If you were buying a newer car would the NCAP even feature in your mind?

Does anyone on here pay much attention to NCAP and safety ratings of their cars?

If you were buying a newer car would the NCAP even feature in your mind?
i do mate, very much so

but i pay more attention to the road

I prefer something that will fit me. If it isn't the safest thing on the road no biggy. now my wife is one of those that goes off the crash test rating of everything she buys. Just got a new kia sedona, the seats are uncomfortable as hades and i hate driving the thing but she wanted something safe.

I prefer something that will fit me. If it isn't the safest thing on the road no biggy. now my wife is one of those that goes off the crash test rating of everything she buys. Just got a new kia sedona, the seats are uncomfortable as hades and i hate driving the thing but she wanted something safe.

Provoking the question - Is being uncomfortable in a car affecting your driving ability and thusly causing you to crash and use that 5 star rating?

Food for thought I guess.

I dont go by safety, I go by what I like. If its safe, all the better. Not that I want a death trap, of course.

My Golf is (Probably, I aint looked) pretty damn safe.

if its saftey people want, get a volvo

but i think having a deasent car, that has no faults with it, and i good set of eyes, and quick reactions and your safe

all this saftey rating and for what???
what happenes when a truck hits you??

5 stars aint going to help you so, read the top of the post and youll be alright

its just that the seats are really firm. not good for long trips and i don't like where the radio/climate controls are. after driving my z where most controls are on the steering wheel, its distracting having to reach over to adjust things.

I don't pay much attention to the NCAP figures but I do admit that last time I travelled in an old Renault 5 I felt very very vulnerable.

The 406 is pretty well built, unlike Peugeots of old it's pretty substantial at 1510kg. Plenty of airbags, pretensioners, side bars etc. all feature in just about every car of recent years so I feel safe enough.

Not sure Volvo is the greatest anymore. Interestingly it's Renaut that's been having record NCAP ratings recently!

The Rover 100 was really just a Metro makeover so you have to give benfit of the doubt for what is really a fairly old design. And they weren't bad cars at all in their time.

The Rover 100 was really just a Metro makeover so you have to give benfit of the doubt for what is really a fairly old design. And they weren't bad cars at all in their time.

Very true it's easy to turn a rover 100 back into a metro too! My first car was a Metro Mayfair & I loved it to bits (literally)!