How perfect is your bodywork?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I have about 5 car park dings in various panels in my car and a nasty dent in the front wing (as you all heard!)

What is your cars bodywork like? Do you discover new scrapes and dents every time you wash it?

Does it bug you much?

i have 3 small scraps on the rear bumper tiny dent on the o/s/r wing and the lower front bumper is cracking were it its the drive at work

but its the cleanist car i have had

mine bodywork is in pretty good nick, just got a huge scratch down on side from the rear window to the wing mirror and i bit of a small dent, but apart from that fine

Scrape on rear bumper whe i hit a low wall. Couple of scratches in the clear coat that have been there since i bought it. And a small impession in the rear bumper when a nice TT ran into the back of me

I ain't got a scrach on the car I'm driving now. It is my grandmothers and the bodywork was actually fixed only 2 years ago and now it's in top shape:bigsmile:

Believe it or not my car (1800cc Avensis) had a new bodyshell during its 1st year of life when it was owned by a female invalid driver. Unfortunately the main dealer that carried out the work did a terrible spray job & the laquer coat is peeling all over + the woman thought they had returned her a bumper car instead of her Avensis! So, I have got it mostly straight in the bodywork dept. it now needs the laquer coat removing completely before a Midnight Blue respray. In the meantime I have restored and fitted MK3 Golf GTi alloy wheels with yellow drums/calipers, new Goodyear tyres all round, front & rear strut braces, big bore exhaust wrapped in heat bandage and a K&N Induction kit (from the Golf GTi) adapted to fit the Avensis, next comes a 1600cc MR2 (4a-ge) head and the necessary parts to install it and make it run. Then the respray and hopefully it will look brand new!!!

The Focus is PEPPERRED with stone chips but nothing else. The Fiesta has customery stone chips, a 6" long scrape on the rear corner of the bumper (don't know where it came from) and two tiny tiny dints by the drivers handle that it had when I bought it but you can't see them unless you know they are there.

After my part respray earlier this year, pretty spot on. There are a few little stone dinks on the bonnet, and a dink just below the fuel cap from another stone. Oh and just on the inside piller of the drivers door there is a key mark where I keyed my own car. No one to blame there but myself, my flip flops and the snow. Learned my lesson! :D

i have various stone chips, but all toutched in to keept the rust at bay, nothing excessive for a car thats done wekk over 80k though, a scratch on the boot lid and a scratch on a door which i got from a close encounter with a tree/thornbush shrub thing on a narrow road

To be honest the body works needs some love, but I knew that when I bought it. I Just haven't got round to sorting it! Mechanically it's bostin' & that's because that's where all the money's gone so far. :D

I've not long had the rear arches done so things are looking pretty good atm. Still got a scratch on my front wing though and the bonnet needs some attention. It can wait until next year though.

Heeee!
thmood_bouncy.gif